Wireless Speaker system for home cinema/hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a speaker system (surround sound) for my lounge which is compatible with my existing TV (Toshiba), DVD (Marantz) and stereo system (Marantz CD and Amp). Ideally I want small wall mounted speakers that are wireless as I don't want wires everywhere or the hassle of chasing everything is - we've just decorated so don't want to spoil all the hard work!

Is there such a system?

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are some wireless or semi-wireless speaker systems on the market, such as the KEF KHT3005SE-W system, but they tend to be expensive, and only have wireless operation for some speakers. In some cases only the rear speakers are wireless; in the case of the KEF it's just the subwoofer.

In order to get surround sound you're going to need an AV receiver or amplifier to decode the surround sound and drive the speakers, so you could for example look at Sony's STR-DH800, which can be used with an optional S-Air system to make the surround speakers wireless.

But even here you'll need a cable from the S-AIR rear channel receiver module to the the rear speakers - it's not quite possible to connect and power speakers entirely wirelessly just yet...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts