Wireless rear speakers

Steven 46

Nov 26, 2022
Visit site
I have a centre speaking driven by a Denon AVR XA3500h. The left and right speakers are hooked up but for playing music they are bypassed to a separate Roksan Amp. For cinema/TV the three speakers are driven by the Denon.

I want to add two wireless rear speakers for cinema surround to the Denon. Is this possible?

Gray

I want to add two wireless rear speakers for cinema surround to the Denon. Is this possible?
Possible, yes, at some expense and with a more limited choice of speakers than if you were to use the conventional wired method.

...with a (low latency) Bluetooth transmitter connected to the Denon rear line (RCA) outputs.
Even then, the rear speakers would need a wire for their mains power.
And, to avoid having a wire between each of them, you'd need a pair that do that wirelessly too.

If it was me, I'd do whatever it took to use cable from Denon to rear speakers.
(Where it can't be lost under carpets, cable can go in thin trunking along the tops of skirting boards, even around doors.....so unobtrusive that you forget it's even there (y)).

Steven 46

Nov 26, 2022
Visit site
Possible, yes, at some expense and with a more limited choice of speakers than if you were to use the conventional wired method.

...with a (low latency) Bluetooth transmitter connected to the Denon rear line (RCA) outputs.
Even then, the rear speakers would need a wire for their mains power.
And, to avoid having a wire between each of them, you'd need a pair that do that wirelessly too.

If it was me, I'd do whatever it took to use cable from Denon to rear speakers.
(Where it can't be lost under carpets, cable can go in thin trunking along the tops of skirting boards, even around doors.....so unobtrusive that you forget it's even there (y)).
Thanks

I am happy to use wired speakers as I think these can be linked to the receiver end of the two part system (the other being the transmitter) which will sit behind the sofa.

Gray

Thanks

I am happy to use wired speakers as I think these can be linked to the receiver end of the two part system (the other being the transmitter) which will sit behind the sofa.
If you connect wired rear speakers (in the conventional way) to your Denon, there would be no need for any transmitter.
(Uncomplicated, less clutter, cheaper and better 👍).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts