Question Wireless over wired connection for Kef LS50 Wireless ii?

MartinS

Oct 24, 2020
I am thinking about getting these as a neat solution for an all-in1. system. However I wondered whether using the interconnect cable is audibly better than the wireless connection. This makes a lot of difference to ease of set up in my situation.

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
From what I have read on Wikipedia, trained listeners can discern the difference between music recorded in the 24/192 format and that recorded in the 24/96 format but the difference is only a slight improvement.

The cable interconnection the speakers only raises the resolution from 24/96 to 24/192. Furthermore, there is a limited amount of music offered at the higher resolution.

Even so, I guess a purist will connect the speaker via a cable.

MartinS

Oct 24, 2020
Hi All,

Many thanks for answers. Interesting to hear from RBinDC about the need to be trained to hear the difference and that the difference is only slight. I have been going backwards and forwards about deciding whether this is a good move,. Not really being a purist, but wanting to improve the quality of sound I get from my current, slightly haphazardly planned setup, it looks like I could live without the interconnect. This would certainly solve practical problems. for where I want them. Thanks again.

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
One other thought.

The wireless IIs also support MQA files, which are at least ashigh res as 24/96 PCM . I don’t think the interconnector cable is needed for MQA but I am not sure.

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
A more important issue: do you like the sound of the wireless II speakers? Some people prefer a warmer sound.

If you are happy with the way they sound the LS-50 wireless IIs are an incredible value. And they look fantastic!

nopiano

Many thanks for answers. Interesting to hear from RBinDC about the need to be trained to hear the difference and that the difference is only slight. I have been going backwards and forwards about deciding whether this is a good move,. Not really being a purist, but wanting to improve the quality of sound I get from my current, slightly haphazardly planned setup, it looks like I could live without the interconnect. This would certainly solve practical problems. for where I want them. Thanks again.
I’m sure most of us wouldn’t reliably tell the difference and so could live with that on a day to day basis. But I confess I like to ensure I’m getting the best results I can get, so would prefer the ‘headroom’ even if it was mostly unnecessary.

TheJoker

Oct 30, 2019
I use the wired connection, I have also swapped out all the basic Ethernet cables for some chord c stream cables, I was surprised to hear they have really cleaned up the sound and removed unwanted noise, a cheap but very effective upgrade.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts