Wireless Broadband and Routers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a wireless broadband connection coming into the house from an external source, currently being accessed through a wireless card in the back of a PC.

My aspiration is to have a wireless music server (Logitech/Sonos type affair) in the house, with access to internet radio and iTunes access downstairs using my Rotel amp. From reading about the Logitech, I need a wireless router, however I've no idea how to get a wireless router to lock onto an incoming wireless internet signal (they normally come in through a phone socket and plug into the router which then pings it around the house).

Does anyone know if I can use a router in this manner, and how it can be configured...to make matters more difficult, the connection is password protected as its a supplied service, so when I log onto the internet, I'm directed to the company's log-in page before I can roam the internet.

Thanks,

A

Anonymous

The wireless network is provided externally to my house by a German company (I live in Germany)...to access the net, my wireless card in my PC locates the network and I log in through a secure connection. My laptop downstairs does the same thing, but the 2 computers can't see each other as they're using the home page means of logging in.

Why they couldn't put a phone line in I don't know, but getting my music beamed wirelessly to my amp shouldn't be too difficult as I think its just a case of buying a router and linking the PC to the Logitech fitted to my amp. Getting the system to hook into Internet radio is going to be the big problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts