Wireless BluerRay player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there is a wireless blueray player on the horizon. I'm not keen on buying one and having to use an ethernet cable to the other side of the room just to access downloads or use BD Live

How much visual difference is there going to be between the new Panasonic/Sony players and the PS3 (viewed on a 37" Panasonic plasma - HD ready only)

Is the browser on the PS3 a full blown browser like Firefox/IE7.. can I watch youtube, bbc iPlayer etc..

Thanks

Arif

daveh75

arifuk:

Does anyone know whether there is a wireless blueray player on the horizon. I'm not keen on buying one and having to use an ethernet cable to the other side of the room just to access downloads or use BD Live

why not just use a wi-fi ethernet bridge, for example this assuming you have wi-fi router that is, or even a powerline bridge such as this

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
arifuk:

Thanks

Arif

Not that I know of, but I appreciate it could be handy as not everyone (me included) has an internet connection near their TV. Some of the firmware upgrades, such as that to make the new Denon Blu-ray players Profile 2.0, will be available via disc.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
arifuk:
[snip]....Is the browser on the PS3 a full blown browser like Firefox/IE7.. can I watch youtube, bbc iPlayer etc..

Thanks

Arif

No, it's not a fully featured browser. In fact it's a little frustrating to use for anything other than the very basics.

There is a website which allows you to view iPlayer. In fact I used it the other day to see an episode of Heroes that got missed somehow by my PDR. It was pretty good. Right now it is not officially supported by the beeb....but thay have employed the author of the site and I understand an official version is being produced.

The PS3 is the only wireless Blueray player that I know of.

A

Anonymous

i had the same dilema choosing between ps3, pan bd35 and sony s350

in the end i went for the ps3 as like you mentioned wireless blu-ray, the decision was very close but in the end the added bonus of a HD gaming tipped me towards the ps3, i currently have this on a HDready samsung 720p and must admit that the picture is very impressive (viewed Fred Claus BD) and the detail was crisp, although some parts where a bit flat but all-in-all happy with the results.

If you are after a pure Blu-ray player and really into your movies i would personally go for the pan bd35 or sony s350 as reading reviews the ps3 is not really in the same league as these 2 players

to summarise i am very happy with the simplicity and picture quality of the ps3 and very easy to connect to the web

good luck with the decision

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'm more into my movies, no games. It just the web browsing that's pulling me towards the PS3, I would not use it for games. I suppose I could just stick to my laptop for browsing ! Thanks

TRENDING THREADS