Windows / Android users require high quality sound for studio apartment 8m x 5m !

bd7391

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Myself and my girlfriend use android phones and windows computers, and don't want to change to Apple so sadly cannot use the seemingly wonderful airplay technology.

We live in an apartment, 8m x 5m, and would like to use a single speaker/dock or speaker system to play our music and movies from our phones and laptops, presumably either with an AUX cable or bluetooth, unless you can suggest otherwise.

We tried out the Bose Soundlink II portable speaker at £219 when it was on offer at PC World, and found it below what we wanted (we had listened to the Sonos and thought they are much better, but I later found out that is likely due to the Airplay data transfer being much higher quality than Bluetooth). I am tempted to go out to buy the Bose Sounddock II and use it via AUX, or buy a separate bluetooth adapter to fit on the back of the dock so we can then use it via bluetooth.

Can you please advise us on whether you would recommend that dock for our problem and apartment, or if there is a different speaker system, or set up altogether, that you would recommend?

Thank you for your time!

John Duncan

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

If you think it sounds better, what is it about Sonos that won't do what you want it to do? I know it uses a different paradigm, in that it accesses services and 'pulls' music from those, for want of a better word, but tbh it's such a good user experience that I'd forego the abillity to beam direct from a phone unless it's absolutely essential.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth Apt-X is CD quality. There are a few systems around with it now. For a space that size I would be looking at a bit more than a dock.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest the Q Acoustics BT3. You would be able to stream music over Bluetooth or connect via 3.5mm jack and have a decent stereo pair of speakers, more than enough for the sized apartment that you have. They cost around £399 and have some very favourable reviews.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You could look at Epoz speakers which are powered the Maxis can be had for about £350 new, they do pump out a fair amount of bass so may suit your room.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What about these? I have no experience of them but I think they're £200 and seem very good value.

http://www.rothaudio.co.uk/docs2/products/OLi_POWA-5.shtml

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts