Wilson Benesch Circle 25

I must say the Wilson Benesch 25th anniversary Circle 25 looks a beaut in white. Pity I will not be able to get to Bristol to see it in the flesh.

I'm pretty sure it's going to cost a packet though.

Wonder how it will look after a few months without a dust cover of any kind. You'd think by now they would a least fashion an acrylic box for these things.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Could always get one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-Presence-Cake-Dome/dp/B0000630NY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1390266643&sr=8-9&keywords=cake+stand

;)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Circle 25 . . . ??? Design for designs sake :doh: . . . and it dont even have a cover? Rega comes to my mind?

Yeh, I know, I have my cynics head on this morning. Dont even want think of the money?

CJSF

John Duncan

CJSF said:
. . . and it dont even have a cover? Rega comes to my mind?

A Rega with a cover, earlier today:

wp7efd2519_05.jpg

I get the impression that (generalising), the more expensive the turntable, the less likely it is to have a lid. This one might be tricky for starters:

CAstatement.jpg.jpeg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I would imagine anyone who can afford that, can afford an hermetically sealed, micro-filtered, laboratory grade clean room to keep it in.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
John Duncan said:
CJSF said:

wp7efd2519_05.jpg

I get the impression that (generalising), the more expensive the turntable, the less likely it is to have a lid. This one might be tricky for starters:

CAstatement.jpg.jpeg

Looking at the Circle 25, the engineering lines/concept were reminding me of Rega . . . ? I still cant see how people live without a cover on their precious TT. all those nooks and crannies, delicate cartridge to catch a duster. If you can afford one, you probably have a cleaner come in , , , How many times have we heard the tail of wow, "my cleaner cleaned my TT, wiped the cantilever off, did not even know she had done it or I was dusting my TT . . . !" :O

We have a lady that helps Hazel out, she has strict instructions, "keep away from the hifi corner, see this little box on the end of this arm, £1500.00 to replace it, quite a few cleaning hours!" . . . she takes the point very seriously ;)

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
How many times have we heard the tail of wow, "my cleaner cleaned my TT, wiped the cantilever off, did not even know she had done it or I was dusting my TT . . . !" :O

Errm, never?

You must live a very selective or sheltered life The_Lhc? I've seen it on here more than once. "I was dusting the TT . . . etc or my jumper caught the stylus . . . etc"?
CJFS

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
How many times have we heard the tail of wow, "my cleaner cleaned my TT, wiped the cantilever off, did not even know she had done it or I was dusting my TT . . . !" :O

Errm, never?

You must live a very selective or sheltered life The_Lhc? I've seen it on here more than once. "I was dusting the TT . . . etc or my jumper caught the stylus . . . etc"? CJFS

Somebody dusting their own turntable or getting their jumper caught is not quite the same as/rather more likely than "my cleaner cleaned my TT and wiped the cantilever off". I would think the latter complaint is the preserve of the rather more well off. I don't know anyone who gets a cleaner in, I do however know a cleaner and her clients are "considerably richer than yow" on the whole.

CJSF said:
John Duncan said:
CJSF said:

wp7efd2519_05.jpg

CAstatement.jpg.jpeg

Looking at the Circle 25, the engineering lines/concept were reminding me of Rega . . . ? I still cant see how people live without a cover on their precious TT. all those nooks and crannies, delicate cartridge to catch a duster. If you can afford one, you probably have a cleaner come in , , , How many times have we heard the tail of wow, "my cleaner cleaned my TT, wiped the cantilever off, did not even know she had done it or I was dusting my TT . . . !" :O We have a lady that helps Hazel out, she has strict instructions, "keep away from the hifi corner, see this little box on the end of this arm, £1500.00 to replace it, quite a few cleaning hours!" . . . she takes the point very seriously ;) CJSF

Had to laugh at that one CJSF. We too had a cleaner that managed to trash the stylus on my old Denon DL103R........

I have since fitted acrylic box over said turntable and she has had explicit instructions that anything on the hi-fi rack is not to be dusted, I do that bit myself. :)

Oh, and I'm not mega rich. Both of us work full time and a friend needed the part-time work so all are happy.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:

Errm, never?

You must live a very selective or sheltered life The_Lhc? I've seen it on here more than once. "I was dusting the TT . . . etc or my jumper caught the stylus . . . etc"? CJFS

Somebody dusting their own turntable or getting their jumper caught is not quite the same as/rather more likely than "my cleaner cleaned my TT and wiped the cantilever off". I would think the latter complaint is the preserve of the rather more well off. I don't know anyone who gets a cleaner in, I do however know a cleaner and her clients are "considerably richer than yow" on the whole.

The_Lhc . . . you dont know how well off I am, my personal circumstances, what cleaners I have or know, our clearer is coming in Wednesday and Friday!
You dont half split hairs old son, I presume it gives you a thrill to be so opinionated over something so trivial. . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:

Errm, never?

The_Lhc . . . you dont know how well off I am, my personal circumstances, what cleaners I have or know, our clearer is coming in Wednesday and Friday! You dont half split hairs old son, I presume it gives you a thrill to be so opinionated over something so trivial. . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now, how did I know that was going to happen? This time CJ I'm afraid it's you leading the sheltered life. The phrase "considerably richer than yow" is not, in fact, a commentary on your financial position but a catchphrase from a well known BBC comedy sketch show from a few years back and is used (in this instance) to illustrate that the said clients referred to are of the "nouveau riche" ilk, those that have recently come into money and like to display it in the most gauche and tasteless manner possible, as the characters who use said catchphrase in the afore-mentioned sketch show are wont to do.

Just to make it absolutely clear, I wasn't making any comment about YOU CJ, you have simply misunderstood and over-reacted. Again.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:

Errm, never?

The_Lhc . . . you dont know how well off I am, my personal circumstances, what cleaners I have or know, our clearer is coming in Wednesday and Friday! You dont half split hairs old son, I presume it gives you a thrill to be so opinionated over something so trivial. . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now, how did I know that was going to happen? This time CJ I'm afraid it's you leading the sheltered life. The phrase "considerably richer than yow" is not, in fact, a commentary on your financial position but a catchphrase from a well known BBC comedy sketch show from a few years back and is used (in this instance) to illustrate that the said clients referred to are of the "nouveau riche" ilk, those that have recently come into money and like to display it in the most gauche and tasteless manner possible, as the characters who use said catchphrase in the afore-mentioned sketch show are wont to do.

Just to make it absolutely clear, I wasn't making any comment about YOU CJ, you have simply misunderstood and over-reacted. Again.

. . . :? :O Obviously we dont all watch the same level of program . . . :silenced:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts