Will using a separate amp for front channels connected via pre-outs improve the sound quality?

Bass lover

Aug 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi I have a Pioneer lx59 receiver and I would like to improve stereo playback quality. Would adding a better power amp via the pre-outs improve the sound quality or would the receiver preamp degrade the sound? The problem I have is the mcacc on the receiver does a great job at bass management and I fear that if I use a standalone integrated amp I would end up with crazy booming bass due to standing waves. Could anyone advise on the best approach? I'm looking at spending a 1000 on an amp. I have monitor audio silver 200' in a 7.2 setup with velodyne cht 15 and velodyne spl series 11subs.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 116933

Basically, you would need an integrated with an AV bypass feature or whatever they choose to call it, not a power amp, in all honesty, it's a pain to live with especially if you have others in the house that use the equipment in the daily.

And Mcacc won't correct for an integrated sitting on its pre-outs/ins as far as I'm aware, could be wrong though but my 2021 didn't like it.

If you want better stereo performance you either need to drop the AV amp OR buy a brand that can do both well eg anthem which has an amazing EQ system and the entry-level isn't much above your budget one you factor in selling your pioneer.

But that's really all you can do TBH

Reactions: Al ears

Tinman1952

Hi I have a Pioneer lx59 receiver and I would like to improve stereo playback quality. Would adding a better power amp via the pre-outs improve the sound quality or would the receiver preamp degrade the sound? The problem I have is the mcacc on the receiver does a great job at bass management and I fear that if I use a standalone integrated amp I would end up with crazy booming bass due to standing waves. Could anyone advise on the best approach? I'm looking at spending a 1000 on an amp. I have monitor audio silver 200' in a 7.2 setup with velodyne cht 15 and velodyne spl series 11subs.
Thanks
I used to run a Naim integrated amp through the pre outs of a mid range Denon AV receiver and it was a marked improvement for music playback! So finding an amplifier with the ‘sound’ you like is the next task. 🙂
Using an integrated amp with AV bypass removes the volume control from the circuit so in effect you have a power amp. Either will work so find the best bargain…..👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts