Will this work?? Is it what I need??

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, please bear with me.

We all try and keep her and the little ones happy yes?,

Well here is my dilema, tv =3 HDMI inputs. I ave 4 sources requiring HDMI connection and 1 component.

I got myself the Yamaha RX-v1800 amp which decodes HD, but no passthrough in standby, Has 4 HDMI inputs.

Kit is in sig,

For my wife or my son 4yrs old, to watch a Bluray this is what they got to do, turn tv on, turn on BD player and amp, tv will find the source picture only if amp is on.

Press BD/HD DVD on remote to see Bluray picture, now they only require tv volume normally so now they turn tv up to 10 but no sound cause.... Wait for it... They now got to press memory number 4 on BD remote cause 4 has the HDMI set to OTHER so that the tv volume can be heard. The amp will then only play PLII if they were to turn amp volume up. To get HD Audio thru amp they now got to press memory 1 as HDMI is set to RX-V1800.

If I ditched the CA650bd in favour of a twin HDMI bd player would this work.....? One HDMI to tv for picture and tv volume to work, other HDMI to amp to get HD audio decoding.

Is my amp able to do this?

Sorry for waffling.

sta99y said:
If I ditched the CA650bd in favour of a twin HDMI bd player would this work.....? One HDMI to tv for picture and tv volume to work, other HDMI to amp to get HD audio decoding.

Is my amp able to do this?

Yes & no. Normally, you're supposed to specify to the player to send audio through one HDMI & video through the other. I think it is possible to reassign HDMI 1 in your player to send both video & audio if you do not wish to use the amp. But you'll have to do it each time. It won't be automatic.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
What I need then is a cheap eBay pana bd35 or something connected HDMI to tv and presto!! Must be cheapest option eh BB? Just thought I was getting away from 3 HDMI up to tv, luckily they all travel up behind my centre spk which is tight to base of tv and top of av unit.

how does £45 sound for a bd60 same as yours delivered??

Its on another avforum.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
daveh75 said:
Get yourself a Logitech Harmony (or similar) remote and set up specific activities and all that button pushing faffage could be replaced by a single click....

:cheers:
Really??

I don't see how a remote can replace 6 button presses on 3 sources in a single click.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
+1 Harmony one works by magic. Setup properly a single button press changes all settings even lighting if u wished and probably make a cup of tea. Logitec support is second to none if u cant get it all to work.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it kinda voodoo stuff. Ha ha

Well il be 42 on 14th July so I think I know what I shall ask for!!

Saw a refurb do £80.

Thanks to all

Logitech frequently comes up with discounts on their VIP store. I've seen the Harmony One sell for £69 brand new not long ago.

You can even go for a Harmony 300i, currently available for £14.99 at Logitech VIP store:

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logieu/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.26070100/productID.181411900/categoryId.56295500

To get the VIP deals, subscribe to their website:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/footer/subscription-management

They will email you the deals every now & then.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Logitech frequently comes up with discounts on their VIP store. I've seen the Harmony One sell for £69 brand new not long ago.

You can even go for a Harmony 300i, currently available for £14.99 at Logitech VIP store:

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logieu/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.26070100/productID.181411900/categoryId.56295500

To get the VIP deals, subscribe to their website:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/footer/subscription-management

They will email you the deals every now & then.
oh so i not got to get the harmony one then?

the cheaper alternative will do the same??

thanks for links BB

darrell

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Each Harmony remote can replace only a specific number of remotes (4 to 15). Make sure the remote you choose suits your requirements.
i need to control 6 sources 3 at one time.

if i can press one button to switch tv on, bd on and amp on then i will get one.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Can only comment on rhe H One. Firstly a simple setup turns the remote into each of your orher remotes. Using 'activities' one button turns on particular boxes, changes the inputs etc and sets the dwvice to conrol those boxes. Macros allow you to press one button to make up to 6 commands. Another activity will turn on other boxes and turn off rhe ones not needed. You can add tv favourite channels etc. It will control any IR kit including remote lighting. As I said it is magic using eco fairy dust. One button turns wverything off and plays a lulaby to help u sleep. No it doesnt. If u cant program a particular element there is a remote learning oprion and customer aupport will even tweak it for you. Logitec forum is useful. PS any non tech residents over 30 will love it.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
PS any non tech residents over 30 will love it.
My mother inlaw stays as tho she lives here, she struggles to turn the tv on lol.

Its definitely something I'm looking into.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I shall report back once I have one.

Thanks

Darrell

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts