Will this damage my stylus?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Systemdek IIX900, and, having upgraded and re-invigorated my hi-fi setup, it's now getting used again after a long absence due to house moves, redecorating and, er, a baby.

Anyway, the 'dek will be due for a service reallly as I've never done anything to it, apart from replacing the stylus, in all the time I've had it (nearly 13 years now)

The other day, her indoors went to put an LP on and the motor decided to turn the LP anti-clockwise. Her indoors didn't realise until the obvious wierd sound emanating as the first song kicked in, after about 10 seconds she lifted the arm and switched it off. Now I know its a common theme amongst hip-hop etc, but will it affect my domestic stylus to be subjected to the vinyl travelling in the wrong direction?

A

Anonymous

If she put it on at the beginning the stylus would have run off the edge of the record, not played the first track.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

well, as mentioned, I'll be getting it properly serviced soon, and have some replacement belts in stock, so hopefully the problem won't occur again.

I'm assuming then that no long term damage has been done to the stylus for its brief journey the wrong way round a record

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts