will my tv like blu-ray? Please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello last year i bought a 50" samsung plasma ps-50Q7HD only goes up to 1080i not 1080p.

I am buying an Onkyo 875 what i would like to know is if i buy a blu-ray player will it be jerky on my screen if i run it through the onkyo? Please help i don't want to waste any money!

A

Anonymous

Some tvs have minor judder on panning sequences but not enough to put you off buying a BD player.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mattread1"]
Hello last year i bought a 50" samsung plasma ps-50Q7HD only goes up to 1080i not 1080p.

I am buying an Onkyo 875 what i would like to know is if i buy a blu-ray player will it be jerky on my screen if i run it through the onkyo? Please help i don't want to waste any money!

[/quote] I also had this screen until last week, unfortunatly mine developed a serious fault and I have since upgraded to the FULL HD screen.

Anyway to answer your question regarding Blu-Ray playback being jerky. I was using my PS3 for Blu-Ray on this TV and it was very good indeed offering lovely HD images at either 720p or 1080i. Your worries about jerkyness are to be laid aside, yes on slow panning shots there will be some mionor judder but note any worse than you are used to with DVD playback which also suffers with slight judder on panning shots. So if you are happy with DVD playback on the TV there is no reason why you can not start enjoying BD as well.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help i feel relieved now much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts