will i notice a difference in Picture and Sound coming from a Sony RDR-GX350 DVD Player/Recorder with Upscaling already?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
emotion-2.gif
 Hi ladies and gents  

had this Sony DVD Player/Recorder for about 6 months now,
DISCONTINUED SONY RDRGX350 DVD RECORDER (MULTI-REGION) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3541 for details

its a cracking little unit, great recordings from VHS and SKY HD etc, 
it does 1080p upscaling onto my Sony KDL-V3000 with no problems...looks pretty decent to my eyes...
my Sony TV is 1080p, as far as i know 

i cant really afford going to the Blue Ray route at the moment, so i thought about getting a standalone DVD Player with Upscaling, are all these upscalers the same?

will it perform better than my existing Sony unit? wont i notice any difference really? or am i touching a sore point and will you all start arguing about it, he he

would i benefit in any way at all with Picture and Sound Quality by buying this much hyped Toshiba XDE-500??

Toshiba: Upscaling DVD XD-E500

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't buy a DVD player and would save your money until you can invest in bluray. AFAIK bluray rentals from the likes of Love Film are the same price as DVD and bluray player prices are dropping all the time and there is always the PS3 which offers a lot more than simply bluray playback. There were deals on the likes of the Sony S350 at £150 inc. free discs and I'm sure I read someone picking up a Panny 35 for £180 but I don't know where.

A

Anonymous

I also agree with the advice given.

I have the same TV and a 12 month old Sony DVD/HDD recorder (HDX870) which upscales DVD's pretty well. By the way the TV is Full HD, 1080p. I would anticipate negligible improvement from the £120 investment in the Tosh compared with the vast difference you would experience with say, a further £50, for a Blu-ray player. See here for a deal with 2 free discs:

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Sony_BDPS350__bdp-s350_bdp-s350_bdp-s350_bdp-s350_bdp-s350_.html?gclid=CKL6qciQ9ZcCFc0e3godGk8hCw

I use a PS3 a smuch for Blu Ray as for gaming and the picture is stunning compared to an upscale DVD.

Go Blu Ray!

TRENDING THREADS