Will Cyrus go with Arcam and B&W

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Will a Cyrus Pre VS2 + 8 Power go with an Arcam CD192 and B&W 684 speakers.
My current amp is an Audiolab 8000A(1986) and I was thinking about upgrading sometime this year by having demos of Roksan Kandy integrated + power (Bi-amp) or Roksan Caspian or Primare I30 (ex demo) or Cyrus 8vs2 with the option of bi-amping by adding the 8 power at a later date.
I would want to listen to the Cyrus pre-power combo before I buy, but as I have not heard anything else to compare them to, and have not got the time to yet, I wonder what your views are?.
Will they have enough oomph to drive my speakers?

Lost Angeles:

My current amp is an Audiolab 8000A(1986) and I was thinking about upgrading sometime this year by having demos of Roksan Kandy integrated + power (Bi-amp) or Roksan Caspian or Primare I30 (ex demo) or Cyrus 8vs2 with the option of bi-amping by adding the 8 power at a later date.

I would want to listen to the Cyrus pre-power combo before I buy, but as I have not heard anything else to compare them to, and have not got the time to yet, I wonder what your views are?.

The Cyrus + Arcam + B&W sounds like a good combo. When I tested 8VS2 with my 73T and M.A. speakers the synergie was very good, as long as you can live with odd aesthetics.

As regards whether the Cyrus will be give enough output, that depend on your room size. Ordinarily, I would say YES.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Lost Angeles:

The Cyrus + Arcam + B&W sounds like a good combo. When I tested 8VS2 with my 73T and M.A. speakers the synergie was very good, as long as you can live with odd aesthetics.

As regards whether the Cyrus will be give enough output, that depend on your room size. Ordinarily, I would say YES.

Thanks plastic penguin, my room is 8.5 x 4 metres.

Would anyone else like to comment.
Has the Cyrus Pre and Power recently been upgraded as I've seen a deal on this and I'm wondering if I've missed something?

TRENDING THREADS