will a shelter 501 sound good in a tecnoarm or sme M 2?

rrm

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have decided to get a new arm for my gyrose to accomodate my shelter 501 cartridge. Narrowed it down to a michell tecnoarm or an SME M2. Anyone heard the shelter in either of these two arms?

I am leaning slightly towards the sme but worried about its low mass since the shelter is low compliance.

rrm said:
I have decided to get a new arm for my gyrose to accomodate my shelter 501 cartridge. Narrowed it down to a michell tecnoarm or an SME M2. Anyone heard the shelter in either of these two arms?

I am leaning slightly towards the sme but worried about its low mass since the shelter is low compliance.

I am having trouble finding out exactly what the effective mass of the Techno arm is.The doner Rb250 arm was 11g but Michell lightened it. If it is less than 9.5g then I would suggest the SME might be the better arm.

I have however read reviews that used Rega RB250 and SME IV tonearms.

What arm is fitted at the present? The SME will require a complete cardboard change. If you have a Rega type fitted I would personally be looking at a second-hand Origin Live Encounter arm or a new Zephyr. These have higher effective mass and should suit your cartridge better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts