WIFI printing

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys, i've just upgraded my old printer to a Canon Pixma 970 networkable colour printer. i have a bt home hub in my lounge and a desktop computer upstairs with this printer. My desktop is made WIFI by the addition of a Dell truemobile router, My question is this: can anyone suggest a reliable method of making the printer work thru wifi without having the computer switched on? this would enable me to print from my laptop.

Thanx in advance

A

Anonymous

I'm not familiar with the router, but it includes a 4 port switch so you should be able to connect your printer directly to the router. Once you've run any setup instruction (see Dell support) you should be able to see it over the wireless network. Might take a bit of configuring, though.

John Duncan

Tarquinh:I'm not familiar with the router, but it includes a 4 port switch so you should be able to connect your printer directly to the router. Once you've run any setup instruction (see Dell support) you should be able to see it over the wireless network. Might take a bit of configuring, though.

Only if the printer's ethernet-enabled though, and don't they cost big bucks? Unless I misunderstand what you're getting at.

A

Anonymous

Hi John,

Apparently it is, assuming its the MP970 and judging by the I material skimmed through. The Canon site has some FAQS here .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts