Wich loudspeakers should I Buy?

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear All,

First of all I want to introdcue my self. I am Eduardo Bentjerodt from Chile. I am a music lover special of the 6o and 70 Rock (Canterburian, Psycodelic and Progressive). I am looking no to change my old Techinichs SB-LX70. the options ae not big in chile and my budget is arround USD 2.000.

the options I have been recomended are as follow.

1. Audiophisic Yara II
2. Klipsch RF-83
3. ATC SCM 11
4. Quad 23

I have a Rotel RA 1520 but I would not mind to buy something diferent if I will get more from the new speakers.

waht will you recomend me?

thank you in advance.

kr
Eduardo

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum.

Are you able to let us know what your budget is? Also, the size of your listening room and how do you like your music to sound... warm detailed and basey, or neutral with a flat response.

Are you able to demo any of the speakers you listed?

Cheers

Mac

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi ebentjerodt, what Macspur said is quite important. But if you have a rather small room and you are interested in Audio Physic try also ( if possible ) the new Classic 10 or the Classic 20. The Classic 10 is a bit cheaper than the Yara II and can be placed near to the wall without any problem. I cannot comment on the other 3 speakers unfortunately.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear Mac and Kungula,

Thank you for your answer.

regarding your questions.

the room is my living room. about 50mt2 and wiht a very high roof. I think I am looking for something more warm and detailed (not necessary basey). My budget is USD 2 to 2.500.000 USD.

I think the only Phisicaudio we have in chile are the Yara, Sitara and Scorpio II.

so far I have just heared the Yara II. it was OK but I was not amazed. on monday I will visit another store to hear the ATC SCM11 wich seems to be the preferer otion so far.

kr

Eduardo

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
From your list, imo the Audio Physics best match what your looking for....but it's always best to listen for yourself.

If you wish to change your amp, let us know what brands are available.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear Cnoevil,

Regarding the Amp I am thinking in the Primare 22i oir the Roksan M2 Caspian.

Do you think the Yara is better than the ATC SMC 11?

kr

Eduardo

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Dear Cnoevil,

Regarding the Amp I am thinking in the Primare 22i oir the Roksan M2 Caspian.

Do you think the Yara is better than the ATC SMC 11?

kr

Eduardo

Both amps are worthy - but do you have any other options?

Shall I just say that the Yara fits your description of "warm and detailed" more than the ATC....this doesn't mean they're better, just more suitable to your needs.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
in this price range I think we have in Chile, Moon, Quad, Naim, Arcan.

kr

Eduardo

IMO You should try Arcam, Quad, Roksan and Moon.....again, only use my advice to make a demo list.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Eduardo,

I have the Yara II classic floorstanders and am happy with them. They didn't impress me too much in the beginning, but neither did they have any obvious flaws. As I upgraded my system, the Yaras easily showed up all the changes and improvements and it was then I appreciated their quality.

Your room sounds quite big, mine is about 15-20 sq m and I'd say the Yara's are a perfect size.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi again,

For one who has owned ATC, all be it SCM40, if you're looking for warm and detailed, I would not recommend ATC.... detailed yes, but certainly not warm.

Keep us posted on how you get on with any demoes and if you can get home demoes, all the better.

Cheers

Mac

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow I will use all the day to hear the following convinations

1. Primare 22i / Audio Phisic Yara II

2. Roksan M2 Caspian / ATC SCM 11 and Roksan K2 Kandy / ATC SCM 40

3. Naim Nait XS / Tannoy Revolution DC6T

4. Moon 2501 / B&W 683

please vote! :)

kr

Eduardo

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
2 years ago i took my 21 years old, current speakers (Epos ES-11) to compare to the Yara. I thought the (bigger) Yara's would bring me new engaging, exciting, holographic sound. Sorry to say, but my Epos blew them completely away, even in bass. The Yara sounded bright and the Epos sounded wright! I demoed with tube-amp Unison Research S6, and Cyrus CD-player.

I don't know if you want a roomful of sound or if you listen more "near filed" (closer to the speakers)

Can you buy Epos-speakers or Kef in Chile ? You might be interested in e.g. Epos Epic-5 or Kef R-500, to name some. Both brands are more "middle of the road" which means less exotic, also in price!

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear All,

So today I went to diferent store in Santiago and hear the following convinations.

1. M2 Caspian with SCM11 and 19

2. K2Kandy with SCM 11 and 19

3. Primare 22i wiht AudioPhisic Yara Classic II

4. Perreaux Audiant 801 with Auido Phisic Yara Classic II and wiht Morel Octave Signature Monitor

finaly i liked the M2 Caspian and SCM11 most and they are at home now waiting fom o came and have the first proper listening tonight!

kr

Eduardo

ebentjerodt said:
Dear All,

So today I went to diferent store in Santiago and hear the following convinations.

4. Perreaux Audiant 801 with Auido Phisic Yara Classic II and wiht Morel Octave Signature Monitor

finaly i liked the M2 Caspian and SCM11 most and they are at home now waiting fom o came and have the first proper listening tonight!

kr

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo

Nice one :)

Btw, how did you find SCM19 monitors?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Dear All,

kr

Eduardo

Glad to hear you found something you liked, and goes to show that nobody else can tell you what will work for you.

What did you think of the other combinations?

Cno

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Eduardo,

Totally forgot to ask you what you use for source... CDP, transport plus DAC, or are you into streaming?

You will find the ATC to be very transparrent and will show up the quality of electronics used.

Cheers

Mac

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I defenetly liked the Roksan ATC conivination more than the others. The Primare with Audiophisic was to hard and did not have the seem feeling than wiht the Roksan/ATC. the Perraux wiht the Morel was a very warm and clear sound but more expensive than the R/ATC. I realy love the calrity of the sound but specilay how they make me feel during the listening. this was the main selection argument.

kr

Eduardo

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
I defenetly liked the Roksan ATC conivination more than the others. The Primare with Audiophisic was to hard and did not have the seem feeling than wiht the Roksan/ATC. the Perraux wiht the Morel was a very warm and clear sound but more expensive than the R/ATC. I realy love the calrity of the sound but specilay how they make me feel during the listening. this was the main selection argument.

kr

Eduardo

Thx for the feedback.

I didn't originally recommend the Primare, as the move over to Class D amps has removed some of their warmth....and so would sound better with something from the likes of Spendor or Sonus Faber.

Happy listening

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts