Why would you need a sub ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SnowyJohn

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
rocky66:

I understand. However define 'properly set up'. I could have my Sub on a setting that SOUNDS right to me. You may not like my settings. The point i'm trying to make is, there are no real settings, it's an individual thing. In my eyes and ears my system is correctly set-up.

Of course you're right. Your version of ideal, my version of ideal versus the ideals the designer had in-mind, but your comment about who cares, may come across in the wrong light.

Who cares/ it doesn't make any difference what the setting is.

Who cares/ just put the setting to whatever sounds best.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
http://www.deicon.com/room_low_frequency_acoustics.html

http://www.whyverne.co.uk/acoustics/mscprojects/gil.pdf

these are a good read

which to me means that the low notes are reproduced, regardless of the room size. but at low frequencies, especially in small rooms, the pattern of the high and low spots is especially uneven as the spots a large in size and there is only a few of them adn the amplitude difference is high, which is bad for listening (i.e. lots of bass in some parts of the room and almost none in some others).

For high frequencies the number of high and low spots is order(s) of magnitude higher, the spots are much smaller and amplitude difference is lower which results in more even room response.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SnowyJohn:rocky66:

I understand. However define 'properly set up'. I could have my Sub on a setting that SOUNDS right to me. You may not like my settings. The point i'm trying to make is, there are no real settings, it's an individual thing. In my eyes and ears my system is correctly set-up.

Of course you're right. Your version of ideal, my version of ideal versus the ideals the designer had in-mind, but your comment about who cares, may come across in the wrong light.

Who cares/ it doesn't make any difference what the setting is.

Who cares/ just put the setting to whatever sounds best.

Zigackly.

A

Anonymous

Maybe I'm just weird, but I find that even my Leema Xeros produce enough bass for me...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts