Why no Proac Reviews?

ErikM

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm rather surprised that none of the new Proac's have gotten any reviews. The D30R has been out for a year now.. And the D20R has been out for a bit now too. So I'm a bit surprised that even the British magazines haven't reviewed them...

Could it be, perhaps, that ProAc have not sent any samples out for review?? :grin:

Joking aside this may be the case because, as you say, I cannot recall having seen a review of the D30R's or any of the more recent Spendors in the magazines I read.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
Because big screen phones and bluetooth speakers are where it's at for magazine reviews .... innit? :silenced:

there are other magazines that don't review smart phones, bt speakers and haven't review the Pro AC new models, so perhaps no demo units for the mags...?! :?

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
tino said:
Because big screen phones and bluetooth speakers are where it's at for magazine reviews .... innit? :silenced:

there are other magazines that don't review smart phones, bt speakers and haven't review the Pro AC new models, so perhaps no demo units for the mags...?! :?

Quite possibly. The last review I can recall was for the Studio 140 in a 'best of six' and that was a good while ago.

I would disagree.

All reviews are valid. It is just that some may be more valid than others. :)

Reviews are generally made by one person and it is their ears they use. Yours will be completely different and your system / room setup will almost certainly be different to said reviewers. Use reviews wisely and you can shortlist products by cutting out those that are not suitable for audition.

Reviews are good to read, personal auditions are the only way to determine product suitability.

ErikM

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd be surprised if ProAc didn't send out the D30R for reviews. It's certainly an important product for Proac since it offers a lot of the performance of the bigger D40R at a bit more of an affordable price point..

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
I would disagree.

All reviews are valid. It is just that some may be more valid than others. :)

Reviews are generally made by one person and it is their ears they use. Yours will be completely different and your system / room setup will almost certainly be different to said reviewers. Use reviews wisely and you can shortlist products by cutting out those that are not suitable for audition.

Reviews are good to read, personal auditions are the only way to determine product suitability.

I agree the best review is your own personal review based on an audition , However it's strange that such a leading brand didn't receive

proper reviews lately :O

Simon Lines

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Reviews are just a bit info on a product and some persons view in a acoustic dead room that has no real meaning out in someones home/listening room but as most will know reading this mag for years the so called best whatever seems to go down stars while other products that were supposed to be not as good hold their 5 stars and some a couple of years later.Heard so called 4 star products in the right set up and great synergy wipe the floor of What HiFi's so called best of class.But as I said if you have been reading this comic for years you know what I mean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts