Why no love for the Klipsch Heresy on UK forums?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
daveh75 said:
lindsayt said:
Chances are, your speakers are the sort that I wouldn't keep for more than 5 minutes.

I can think of no better a endorsement for anything...
Why?

Is it because I've actully heard your speakers in a comparative demo? Found them lacking. And then reported my findings on this forum?

And for some reason, you've taken my criticisms of your speakers personally?

To the extent that you've decided to act in a rude and personally abusive way towards me on this forum?

In the context of this thread, you have offered nothing of any use to avole so far.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
That's what I'd heard about them too. I was thinking about a pair for my rumpus room, because they're kind of "squat" and would sit under a projector screen (which I haven't got yet - just thinking ahead). But when I was told they're very lean on the bass I decided against them. That and that they're flipping expensive compared to other choices. I'm still looking for an unfashionably short and squat pair of floorstanders or stand-on-low-plinths type speakers though, suggestions welcome.
2nd hand Heresys (bought at the right price) could be a good solution in a modern AV system. Let the sub handle the bass and set the Heresy's to "small". There are alternatives for small, turnkey, high efficiency speakers, such as Altec 890C Boleros.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm fairly sure I've never even seen any Klipsch speakers, let alone heard them, but as for this particular pair they're the wrong shape for my liking, I like my speakers to be relatively narrow, these are just too squat.

TRENDING THREADS