Why is nothing straightforward need better wireless DACMAGIC cutting out

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Attempting to go more digital so bought a Dacmagic today after of couple happy days using Spotify via laptop/headphone connection to my naim (Thread on Computer-based music)

Unfortunately while my wireless can cope with Spotify it's cutting out when playing 192k files from PC in bedroom , wireless router is Linksys WRT150N but laptop is only G , bedroom is only 6 metre away but walls are brick with chimney breast in direct line. Anyone recommend something suitable repeater/extender to allow FLAC/Lossless. Have a wooden floor so running direct Ethernet not very feasible. Ultimately If I like the convenience/qualty I'd have external NAS connected to router , HDD's in living room would lead to DIVORCE , only got away with DACMAGIC on the proviso it could possibly mean all the CD's could join the Vinyl in the attic..

Help please guys ..

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kena:
Attempting to go more digital so bought a Dacmagic today after of couple happy days using Spotify via laptop/headphone connection to my naim (Thread on Computer-based music)

Unfortunately while my wireless can cope with Spotify it's cutting out when playing 192k files from PC in bedroom , wireless router is Linksys WRT150N but laptop is only G , bedroom is only 6 metre away but walls are brick with chimney breast in direct line. Anyone recommend something suitable repeater/extender to allow FLAC/Lossless. Have a wooden floor so running direct Ethernet not very feasible. Ultimately If I like the convenience/qualty I'd have external NAS connected to router , HDD's in living room would lead to DIVORCE , only got away with DACMAGIC on the proviso it could possibly mean all the CD's could join the Vinyl in the attic..

Help please guys ..

Well I use the Linksys DMA2100 media center extender and it works perfectly. My router is a G+. My pc is in my bedroom and the Dacmagic is far further than 6m away. I rip music to WMA Lossless using WMP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts