Why does the speech go ?

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I have a new Phillips blu-ray player with analogue 5.1 output now I have a 2.1 setup so the player is connected direct to the aux input on my hi-fi amp and the sub is connect direct via the players sub output I have set up the speakers in the players setting : front speakers large, no centre, no rear and sub on, all volume is set to max, now this is my problem I get all the sound including background speech but no speech sound from the people talking any ideas why ?

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Andrew it the BDP 7300 if I go back in the settings and turn the speakers off then back on all is OK until I use the player again after its been in standby / unpluged I have to do this again then.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
OK, you need to connect the audio left/right outputs in the main block with the composite/component video outs, not the L/R outs provided as part of the multichannel analogue out sockets. And connecting the sub direct to the player won't give you any control over sub level when you adjust the volume on your stereo amp, so it's best to connect the sub to your stereo amp's subwoofer out or preouts if it has them, or using speaker cables if the sub has high-level inputs.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I must say Andrew I was a little bit confussed as to why that should work but work it has thank you very much I am very happy with that, as regards to the sub the player is connect direct to the sub not the amp and the sub has its own volume control and it works fine I don't have it high just like it in the background for big lows, once again thanks for your help and I will continue to by the mag as always :))

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kitkat:I must say Andrew I was a little bit confussed as to why that should work but work it has thank you very much I am very happy with that,

Because the stereo output will down-mix all the surround channels into those two channels, the front channels of the 5.1 outputs won't, so the centre channel is missing.

and I will continue to by the mag as always :))

Oh, was there some doubt or were you holding your continued readership to ransom dependent on the outcome of your query?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts