Why does the Absolute 80s DAB station sound so awful?

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a Pure Tempus DAB Radio Clock alarm. For the last few years I have been Waking up to Wogan on BBC Radio Two. However, with the great man now gone I am now forced to listen to the juvenile Chris Evans. Also I kind of dislike Zoe Ball on a Saturday (far too Radio 1 for me) - although if I lie in I do enjoy Brian Matthews "Sounds of the 60s" after 8am.

However, I prefer my alarm to wake me well before 8am and consequently now get a rude awakening with the Ginger one (not ideal). So I tried scouting around the dial for other stations and found Absolute 80s. Now the tunes they play are really quite good but the sound quality is awful compared to BBC Radio 2 on DAB. My radio tells me both stations are 128kbps - so how come Absolute 80s sounds so poor by comparison. I guess it is something to do with compression techniques but I would really like to listen to this station but cannot without getting a headache !

A

Anonymous

Does the radio have the option to use fm radio instaed? (if you can pick up absolute on fm that is) I have noticed that aswell, it sounds really compressed and sibilant sounding, it doesnt sound much better on fm either, which is a shame as it is a good alternative radio station to bbc radio 1 and 2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts