Whoopsy - Bought a new FM tuner!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Portsmouth. 'Private' display for a nearby 'military event'. They are doing the same again tomorrow for 'Meet the Navy'. We get them here usually at least once a year.

Still excellent every time.

Even my teenaged daughter eventually got up from the computer screen. First it was "seen them loads of times Dad" then when 3 of them came down our road she lost her 'cool' and dashed out to watch :)

A

Anonymous

chebby:Portsmouth. 'Private' display for a nearby 'military event'. They are doing the same again tomorrow for 'Meet the Navy'. We get them here usually at least once a year.

Still excellent every time.

Sounds cool!

I hope you don't mind me asking this off-topic, but we're travelling to Southampton to get on our cruise tommorrow, and because of the event that's on (saw preview of it on BBC South Today), we are thinking the traffic may be really bad around that area...does the motorway (M3 primerally) down get busy at around 1pm-2pm?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I doubt that 'Meet the Navy' is going to be such a huge tourist pull to make any difference to traffic on the M3. We rarely even use the M3 (nearest junction about 25 miles away) but tune radio to BBC Radio Solent as soon as you are in range (96.1 & 103.8 FM) for traffic news. And that almost gets us back on topic.

A

Anonymous

chebby:I doubt that 'Meet the Navy' is going to be such a huge tourist pull to make any difference to traffic on the M3. We rarely even use the M3 (nearest junction about 25 miles away) but tune radio to BBC Radio Solent as soon as you are in range (96.1 & 103.8 FM) for traffic news. And that almost gets us back on topic.

OK! Thanks alot! We were a bit worried, but seems okay! Hopefully I'll get a sight of the Arrows if they are going tomo!

A

Anonymous

Hopefully I'll get a sight of the Arrows if they are going tomo!
Well I live in Southampton, and I haven't seen them unfortunately. Sounds pretty awesome though.

Was there anything on the radio about them? (poor attempt to bring this back on topic!)

T

the record spot

Just had a Tornado over Edinburgh!

No, not an old Talk Electronics amp. Nor was it the famous weather phenomenon.

It was the RAF kind. Airshow's at Leuchar's and the Red Arrows will also be there. Back on topic, I had Radio Scotland on earlier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts