Who needs Sky?

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys I am posting this thread because if you have cancelled Sky you won't be looking in the Sky, Virgin section of the forum. So hear goes...

I feel that is sky is a lot of money for endless repeats of movies and dramas I have already seen. I am paying for full subscription and called to cancel today but after much negotiating the price fell to £62 a month. I have pondered over that amount of money today and that equals to £720 a year. Maybe I could use that money better??? I could buy a new bluray player and new Blurays with proper HD and proper surround sound. Ok I might miss sky Atlantic but that is it.

So has anyone cancelled Sky and realised they can't live without it or has anyone canceled it for the better?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CraigDS said:
I could buy a new bluray player and new Blurays with proper HD and proper surround sound. Ok I might miss sky Atlantic but that is it.

Perhaps that's a valid point if you only watch films but as a Sports watcher it wouldn't do me much good.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you Craig. I've never had Sky but everyone, and I mean everyone, else in my family does. Just seems like more channels of tripe to watch.

The only time we've ever felt like we wanted Sky is when Living is showing the new series of 'Supernatural' (talking of which, does anyone know when series 7 is due to start?)..... But even then I just get my parents to Sky+ it and watch it at my leisure.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Craig but isn,t sky's full hd package is 63pounds ? I am thinking of returning (kids complaining) so I phoned them up on Tuesday and they offered me six months free. I have not taken them up on the offer just yet . I suppose I miss the wide variety of channels and sky plus is good . Although I would not return for 62pounds, half price for six months is quite tempting for my family of 4.

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I had sky before it went digital and then was one of the 1st to get digital, but as the cost went up I gradually dropped off the packages.

1st sport as WSBK was dropped, then the films as I bought Dvds, all I was left with was the multi package for about £18 -22 .

Then I got a digital tv and I realised freeview was nearly the same with the exceptions of Sky One, Bravo and SciFi. So I cancelled and got a Playstation 3 for my entertainment.

I do not think I will go back to sky (have freesat now) unless the licence fee stops, (and that will never happen).

AmigaNut

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I switched over to TiVo far better technology in those boxes and 5.1 over HDMI unlike Sky's dated technology.

But the OP is right you dont really need it, apart from the sports package.

A

Anonymous

If someone had said to you that in 20 years time you would be paying £60 odd plus to watch drivel with a fairly poor picture, including £10.25 for HD (the mooted drop for HD never came) you would have thought them mad.

I've dropped to the basic package but will get HD and Sports 1 in August as I'm not paying Mike Ashley another £707 for my season ticket.
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts