Who has signed up to Disney+

D

Deleted member 2457

I am just going to continue to watch the Disney Channel on Sky when I want to watch that sort of thing.

I’ve got all I need on DVD, Bluray, and UHD Bluray, whether we’re talking Disney themselves or associated companies like Fox. Close to getting rid of Netflix too and just sticking with Prime as when I do watch streamed films, there’s more on there I want to watch than other services. I’m getting to a point where instead of paying out for more streaming services, I’d rather save the money and buy the films so they’re there when I want to watch them, and in better quality.

That's nice, davidf. Shame your getting rid of Netflix, although I do find myself wondering what to watch too. I guess I'll be doing the same.
I like some of what they do, like Stranger Things and Mindhunters, but my film list to watch is way smaller than my Prime list. Plus, when I see the monthly Facebook post of horror films being added to streaming services, Netflix is always pretty poor. For £12 a month, that‘s a reduced priced UHD or several Blurays.

While I’ll still use Prime to watch the odd film that I know I’m unlikely to buy, I’m finding myself becoming anti-streaming in many ways. For starters, the picture quality, while acceptable for some films, isn’t for others - I did a comparison of Skull Island and found the bit rate for the 4K Netflix version was lower than that of the 1080p Bluray, and was capped at a constant 7.15mbps - the Bluray was 20-30mbps, and the 4K disc was 30-98mbps. Anyway, I’m giving away details that’ll all be in a blog I’m writing about music and video streaming services, which will appear towards the end of the month.

Last edited:

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
It's a stoopid set up. I get the cheap introductory offer, yet don't have any idea of there'll be an app for my TV available until after the offer runs out. I have an LG TV and don't know if I'll be able to get Disney+ on it. There's nowt in the app store on it...

Imac71

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
It's a stoopid set up. I get the cheap introductory offer, yet don't have any idea of there'll be an app for my TV available until after the offer runs out. I have an LG TV and don't know if I'll be able to get Disney+ on it. There's nowt in the app store on it...
it will be there on March 24th

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts