Who’s been here longest?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I always found Thaiman really interesting. He was the first I can remember to flag up Totem Arros. He was quite a fan... and a big fan of valve amps. Very knowledgeable.

He also ran a Thai kitchen in a Norfolk pub. He invited a few of us to visit but it was tricky due to work commitments.

Professorhat I found amusing. He was more into AV stuff rather than two channel.

d_a_n was really into his body building and a keen Arcam fan.

Gerrardasnails introduced me to Creek and midrange Cambridge amps.

John used to own Primare amp with IIRC AVI Neutron speakers.

All good people in their own way.

That's my lingering memory from my first thread.

Reactions: Al ears
I was invited to What Hi Fi awards few years ago where I met Professor Hat, Andy Clough, John Duncan, Simon Lucas and Clare Newsome. Also met Jonathan Evans, Ketan and Simon Lucas when I was invited to the Big Question in March 2010.
When I was invited to do the Big Q, I believe it was the first one on stereo speakers which was published in either Sept or Oct 2009 edition of the mag. I met Simon Lucas (he also attended 'Reader Rescue' a year before, along with Joe Cox). Also briefly saw Andrew Everard and Ketan.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I remember when Big Chris died. He was a BT Openreach engineer if I remember correctly. It was sad news.

Just a quick mention about Big Chris, although joined after me, was involved in a fatal accident at work. A drummer in a thrash metal band and I think he'd only been married a short time or going to get married. Very popular member. Sad loss.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Never realised the forum dates back to 2006.

Around that time I think Andrew Everard came up with a wheeze where people could phone up on a Friday afternoon for hi-fi advice. The likes of Ketan, Joe Cox, Simon would answer the phone. I actually phoned them.

They ran this much earlier than 2006. I know because I phoned them in 1999 before I bought my first hi-fi. Think it was Ketan that I spoke to.

Does anyone else recall the days when we had to wait for posts to get through moderation before going live? I think it might have been Andrew Everard who had to scan through them, and they would appear in batches a few times a day. This must be late nineties, maybe?

John Duncan

John Duncan has moved jobs a lot according to his LinkedIn.

I'm a contractor mate, it's what I do :) .

Joined January 2008, apparently. Back in the day I was the most prolific 'civilian' poster, but then I turned gamekeeper :) .

I also fell out of love with hifi tbh, I now have a couple of Sonoses, a turntable, and a modest AV setup (and lots of pairs of headphones). I mostly watch movies, and rarely listen to music.

I'm a contractor mate, it's what I do :) .

Joined January 2008, apparently. Back in the day I was the most prolific 'civilian' poster, but then I turned gamekeeper :) .

I also fell out of love with hifi tbh, I now have a couple of Sonoses, a turntable, and a modest AV setup (and lots of pairs of headphones). I mostly watch movies, and rarely listen to music.
Good to hear from you after a long time! Hope you're doing well.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts