White Dot on my Samsung UE46F8000 SCreen

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
I have just noticed that there is a 'white dot' on the screen of my nearly new (under three months) TV. It's probably too small to get a meaningful photo but is about 5" in and 1" up from the bottom left hand corner of the panel. As I say, I have just noticed it but it might well have been there for a while (or even since new) but now that I have seen it, it's annoying me (my OCD creeping in!). The best way to describe it is that it looks like somebody has pushed a pin through a blackout curtain.

Having done a bit of research on line, it would seem that I have got a 'hot pixel' which (they say) is one that has holds a charge but does not respond to further signals. Advice on line recommends rubbing the affected pixel in an effort to kick start it again or run software which is basically designed to make the pixel flash and therefore start working again. I am certainly NOT going to try the former as there would be a risk of damaging the TV and the latter has not worked.

As I bought from John Lewis, the TV has a full 5 year warranty but, before I speak with them, I wondered if any of you people had a similar issue with a Samsung or, indeed, any other TV and what happened. Hearing from somebody in the trade or TV engineer would be particularly useful.

Thanks in advance.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

It definitely sounds like a pixel problem, and checking the JL website, they don't regard it as a fault.

http://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/information-about-shopping-on-johnlewiscom#cq-i-guarantees

Paul.

Is it less than 90 days old? If it's less than 90 days old and is not faulty you can return it. If thru say its faulty, return under the warranty, if they say it's not a fault, return under the 90 day thing.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
It definitely sounds like a pixel problem, and checking the JL website, they don't regard it as a fault.

http://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/information-about-shopping-on-johnlewiscom#cq-i-guarantees

thats just ridiculous not covering a pixel spot |(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts