Which upgrade would you suggest?

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I currently am quite happy with my home cinema setup, but was curious as to what you thought the best upgrade path would be. My current setup is:

Sony KDL-40NX713 TV

Sony BDP-S370 Blu Ray Player

Sony DN610 AV Reciever

Tannoy SFX5.1 Speakers

Although it seems so, I am not brand specific. I keep thinking about it but can't think what would be my first thing to tinker with first. It was all bought last year in a couple of clearance sales. My budget for an upgrade is a maximum £500.

Thanks for your replies,

Ashley

A

Anonymous

I'd look first to replace the DN610 with a Marantz NR1602, or possibly the SR5005 if you don't care for Internet connectivity. After that, I'd add a pair of "real" front speakers such as the Tannoy Mercury, and use the sats as surround back if the room permits a 7.1 setup.

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the amp needs to go, whilst a nice first foray in to surround sound amplification, it seems limited and at times can be stubborn and a real faf to sort out. I was looking at an Onkyo or Pioneer but really like the look of the NR1602. I think I have some Tannoy bookshelfs some where so will try them as well, although I can't go 7.1 at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts