hybridauth_Twitter_4448730495

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi , at present I own a pretty old Panasonic 37" plasma TV which I think is ready for upgrading .
I love the look of plasma but I suppose those days have gone.
My question is which TV's should I be looking at to replace said TV?
I am looking for a screen size of 40+ which will do justice to regular Blu-ray resolution and also be a smart variant .
Can recent TV's compare well to older plasma models ?

many thanks.

Hi , at present I own a pretty old Panasonic 37" plasma TV which I think is ready for upgrading .
I love the look of plasma but I suppose those days have gone.
My question is which TV's should I be looking at to replace said TV?
I am looking for a screen size of 40+ which will do justice to regular Blu-ray resolution and also be a smart variant .
Can recent TV's compare well to older plasma models ?

many thanks.
I guess some sort of budget may be helpful and perhaps the maximum size you can accommodate.

The smallest OLED TV you can buy is a 48-inch screen. You will actually find that due to bezel-less TVs these days, the TV will actually be smaller than a theoretical 46-inch TVs of older models (I'm not aware of any 46-inch TV in the market). The 48-inch OLED is an LG but very expensive.

Any reason why you don't want to go beyond 46 inches? The reason I'm asking is, because you'll get the best value per inch TV at 55 inches.

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
The room it will be used in is pretty small and even though it will be wall mounted I thought anything larger than 50" would too revealing given the distance from my viewing position , there again I'm out of touch with just how good recent panels can be.
The distance from my viewing position is 2.60m is 50+" viable at that distance?

Thanks

The room it will be used in is pretty small and even though it will be wall mounted I thought anything larger than 50" would too revealing given the distance from my viewing position , there again I'm out of touch with just how good recent panels can be.
The distance from my viewing position is 2.60m is 50+" viable at that distance?

Thanks
You can easily go to 60 inches if you like, at that viewing distance.

There are several good models at 49-50 inches.

Check out Sony BRAVIA KD49XG8305BU and Panasonic TX50GX800B . Philips 50PUS8555 has ambilight which you may prefer.

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
You can easily go to 60 inches if you like, at that viewing distance.

There are several good models at 49-50 inches.

Check out Sony BRAVIA KD49XG8305BU and Panasonic TX50GX800B . Philips 50PUS8555 has ambilight which you may prefer.
Cheers I have investigated the viewing distance as you say and the above Panasonic would be the best at my budget I believe even though the OLED technology looks interesting :)

Many thanks.

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS