Which TV should I buy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am more confused than ever now, do I buy a Plasma or LCD, Sony Pioneer or whatever, I have about £1000 to spend so which one would you recommend?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Firstly what size tv were you thinking of getting? If under 37"" you only have the choice of LCD as the smallest Plasma sets start at 37"". 37"" upwards then the way to go is definatly Plasma with great offerings from Panasonic, Samsung and Pioneer.

If you look at recent groupe test in What Hifi of anything above 37"" tv's it has been a Plasma set that has come out to of the pile even tho many may only be HD ready and not 1080p FULL HD.
emotion-15.gif

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
It really is down to you and your eyes..but currently the commonest answer you will get on most forums is ..Pioneer plasmas are best (but over your budget) ..Panasonic's plasma's are "generally" regarded as next best (with prices on some models dropping) with Samsung plasma's (some 50" sammy models are available now for a £1000) regarded as very close in quality to Panasonic's offerings .....

You'll notice that as already mentioned plasmas are almost always preferred (by we "geeks") when in direct competition with LCD ......personally I find Sony's Bravia X series LCD sets are the next best thing to a plasma but again in the larger sizes they cost way more than a grand.

and (obviously) check out the numerous tests What Hifi have done comparing the 2 technologys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts