Which turntable?

Paulito-Musica

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Greetings!

I have gone back to buying vinyl, which also means I need to purchase a turntable to play them. After moving away from vinyl to CDs about 20 years ago, I have no idea who was around in making turntables. After some initial research, I have come across the following two brands which meets my budget/specification requirements (no more than £1,500):

1. The Thorens 240-2 turntable at circa £650. However, would like to upgrade the cartridge to an MC such as the Ortofon Quintet Black MC at circa £649. This brings the total cost for this turntable and upgrade to £1,299.

2. The Clearaudio Concept turntable with the MC cartridge already installed at circa £1,395.

I will of course get the dealer to demo the two turntables in conjunction with the other components. But in the meantime, any suggestions or alternatives woul dbe much appreciated.

Regards,

Paulito-Musica

The clearaudio, have a look at the Marantz tt15s1 I recently bought one new for £924.00 from Europe. It is made by clearaudio for Marantz, comes complete with a very good cart. Just plug and play. Foolproof setup and sounds amazing as well as looking the dogs danglies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts