Which Turntable for Cambridge Audio Evo 75?

KTM

Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
I am looking to purchase the Cambridge Audio Evo 75 with B&W 603 S2 Speakers, however is there any way to connect a decent turntable to this as only the Evo 150 seems to have phono inputs. Your recommendations on turntable / set up are much appreciated. Or should I just go for the Evo 150? Thank you.

The Evo 150 does indeed have an inbuilt phono stage. To attach a turntable to the Evo 75 you will have to buy a turntable with a phono preamp as part of the turntable or better still buy an separate external phono preamp as this will give you more choice as to the turntable you get, as there is £400 difference between the two amplifiers the separate phono preamp may be the route to take.

KTM

Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
OK great thanks for your help. Looking to spend up to £400 on a turntable & preamp, so not a massive budget as I will mainly be streaming my iTunes library or Apple lossless audio. Just want a good value for money turntable that sounds good but doesn't break the bank. Cheers!

OK great thanks for your help. Looking to spend up to £400 on a turntable & preamp, so not a massive budget as I will mainly be streaming my iTunes library or Apple lossless audio. Just want a good value for money turntable that sounds good but doesn't break the bank. Cheers!
perhaps this?

Reactions: Gray

rvdoever

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
Why?
a wired connection will always be better and how many decent Bluetooth equiped decks do you know of? :cool:
You're right, aptX HD is not losless and I did not realize the suggested turntable could already provide line-level output, so seems a smart solution. Not a fan of vinyl anyway. This thread reminds to get rid of a few old boxes with vinyl stored on the attic (before checking whether they are available on Quobuz)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts