Which sub for KEF3005se

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:quest: :quest:

I’m a newbie so please be gentle!

I just picked up the KEF3005se eggs pretty cheap off Ebay and I need a sub to compliment them. I’m told the KEF sub is the weak link of the system so can anyone recommend one that isn’t going to cost too much? I’ll probably go for something used again to keep the price down or given that I can’t afford much, should I just buy the Kef sub coz it really isn’t bad? It’ll be used just for movies and tv.

My budget is £300 ish . Or if that just won’t do, maybe more. I can wait a while and save up but the B&W PV1 looks out of reach for now.

My room is concrete floored, carpeted, 26ft X 12ft. Tv in the corner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
How much did you get the 3005's for? You can pick up a set of 3005's, with the HTB2se sub for about £700 brand new with full warranty.

£300 Doh! I thought I was getting a bargain.... Might still prove to be if I can get decent sub for cheap. Has the HTB2se sub dropped in price too?

A

Anonymous

Where can you get the 3005SE package for £700? RRP is £1200 and most deals are about £999.

A

Anonymous

rbrierle said:
Where can you get the 3005SE package for £700? RRP is £1200 and most deals are about £999.

I would imagine Frank Harvey Hifi would be a good place to start...

The reduction is due to Kef 20% trade in promo, although you may not need to trade anything in if you ask nicely ;)

A

Anonymous

They're doing it for 30% off?? That is a good price. How long for?

KCooperman said:
rbrierle said:

I would imagine Frank Harvey Hifi would be a good place to start...

The reduction is due to Kef 20% trade in promo, although you may not need to trade anything in if you ask nicely ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah I'd seen that, but hadn't realised FrankHarvey are knocking an extra £100 off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts