Which style speaker package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there everyone. This is my first post here, so please forgive me if this has been dealt with before.

I am thinking of buying a new home cinema speaker package to replace my Bose Acoustimass AM10 mk II. My system comprises of a Pioneer PDP-436XDE screen, Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver plus Sony DVD recorder. I am looking to buy a Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player as well and would value your opinions if anyone else has recently purchased a set a speakers for use with the Sony receiver i am using.

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Are you looking for similar sized speakers?

I'm quite looking forward to a full review of the Cambridge Audio Minx speakers, which were announced a few days ago. Similar size to Bose and the bloggers that have heard them seem impressed with the first listen. Tiny sub too!

A

Anonymous

Professor Hat

Thanks for the responses. I probably want to spend up to £1500 for the package.

Dr Mcr

I am not familiar with the Cambridge Audio speaker yet. i will keep an eye out for these, but am looking for something of a similar size to the Bose as my wife took some persuading to allow me to get them in the first place and can't understand why i want to change them.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd say you're firmly in the B&W MT-30 territory there. The Dali Fazon 1 would also be worth an audition I'd think.

However, I would say speaker packages in that price range are outclassing your Sony amp. This isn't necessarily an issue if long term you're looking at upgrading the amp, but if not, I'm not sure it would be worth looking further than say the B&W MT-25, KEF KHT3005SE or equivalent packages.

scene

professorhat:
I'd say you're firmly in the B&W MT-30 territory there. The Dali Fazon 1 would also be worth an audition I'd think.

However, I would say speaker packages in that price range are outclassing your Sony amp. This isn't necessarily an issue if long term you're looking at upgrading the amp, but if not, I'm not sure it would be worth looking further than say the B&W MT-25, KEF KHT3005SE or equivalent packages.

Would agree with the prof here, but would add, it might be worth looking at the MA R90 HD10 as well, a little cheaper, but still a great package.

As regards to the packages outclassing the amp, yes, they probably will. But, if you plan to upgrade your amp down the line, it's well worth considering getting a better speaker package, to allow for longevity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts