Which stereo amp up to 400 pounds for warmer sound???????????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Did anyone heard about Onkyo A9355???I don't know what to choose which stereo amp up to 400??? to match with my onkyo 905 and dali ikonn 6's. Rotel 04 or 05 marantz 6002 onkyo A9355 or cambridge audio 640 v2 maybe Pioneer A6-a-j?????? please help there is so many of them!!! I want my cds to sound warmer I'm not happy with my onkyo 905 music playback. I own cambridge audio 640 v2 cd player. What would make a real difference??????

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What speakers do you have and what kind of music do you listen to?

IMO if youve got a good C/A CDP then commen sense would be to partner it with a decent C/A amp BUT as im not a fan of the C/A sound and you want a 'warmer' sound then i'd say look for a decent 2nd hand Arcam integrated amp on eBay etc...

If you could answer the 1st questions i and others will offer more advice im sure of it :)

A

Anonymous

I wrote about speakers. It is Dali Ikon 6 5.1 package. Which arcam integrated amp would you recommend??? What does it mean integrated by the way??? Should I pair it with my cd player or better to buy onkyo amp as it will be connected to my onkyo 905 receiver??? please help guys:) I listen to different types of music:) Metallica Prodigy Guns n roses Eminem:) totally different:)

A

Anonymous

Dali Ikon 6 5.1 package I listen to different kind of music form eminem metallica prodigy guns and roses up to michael jackson and apollo 440. :):) Should i pair it with my cd player or rather buy onkyo amp as it will be connected to my onkyo 905 receiver???? and which arcam would you recommend?? and what does it mean integrated???:)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Integrated means the pre and power amp in one box; basically a standard stereo amp as youd imagine!

If youre looking for an amp so that you can jjust listen to music in stereo (i.e. the 2 front speakers) then you could possibly take a look at either an Aecam Alpha 9 or 10 integrated amp or if you can find one at the price, the Arcam DiVA A85 integrated and save a few more £££ for the Arcam FMJ A32 integrated amp.

You could also consider a decent Musical Fidelity A-X1 or A-X2 integrated amp or, if youre lucky, a Cyrus 6 integrated amp.

I havent heard the Dali speakers as a package; only the floorstanders with an Arcam FMJ A32 amp and an Arcam CD192 CDP and they sounded amazing!

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard the Dali's, but based on reviews it seems they are not warm.

As for the amp, I agree that an Arcam would be a good choice. When it comes to warmth at these prices, Arcam is the way to go (or tubes, if you like them).

I had for years the A65 Plus, and for me it is still a classic, with a very warm sound, even warmer than the A80, which I also owned (I actually prefered the sound of the A65!). Its sound had a special "oneness", maybe because it only used a pair of output transistors per channel.

I'd say the CAs are sweet, rather than warm, because they have a lean balance (you won't find round mids, or slightly pronounced mid-bass with them).

A

Anonymous

I think that Onkyo is Class D, right? If it is, don't even think about it, as Class D is not particularly warm.

There is a Marantz integrated within that budget (I cannot remember the model) which can be used in Class A. Maybe it is warm, I haven't listened to it really.

A

Anonymous

It does my headache!!! It is so many those amps!!!! How about arcam diva a90??? they are for 399 now on ebay brand new. Are they very good?? Sounding warm????

A

Anonymous

I havenït heard the A90, but it seems to me that at 399 GBP it's really a bargain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts