Hi everyone

I have just been put into the fortunate position of suddenly coming into possession of 4 pairs of speakers! Fantastic, but I only need one pair. Not being an audiophile, I would really appreciate some advice. How would you rank these speakers? Which pair should I keep? I'll be using them with a Technics SU-VZ320 amplifier, and will mostly play rock/pop/jazz/classical records from a Beogram 1202 record player, as well as playing music from my laptop/phone via the aux input.

Options are:

1.Wharfedale Linton 2

2.Mordaunt-Short MS 3.10

3. Monitor Audio Bronze BR 2

4. Nucleus 1 (presumably TLD, although it doesn't actually say)

Many thanks in advance!

Jack

the_master66

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Jack,

Of the speakers you listed I would rate in this order

1. Monitor Audio Bronze BR 2

2. Mordaunt-Short MS 3.10

3. Nucleus 1

4. Wharfedale Linton 2

Others may have a different opinion.....

May be a case of trying them with the rest of the set up because a lot depends on placement and amp matching....

Thanks

The_Master66

Jack Davies said:
Hi everyone

I have just been put into the fortunate position of suddenly coming into possession of 4 pairs of speakers! Fantastic, but I only need one pair. Not being an audiophile, I would really appreciate some advice. How would you rank these speakers? Which pair should I keep? I'll be using them with a Technics SU-VZ320 amplifier, and will mostly play rock/pop/jazz/classical records from a Beogram 1202 record player, as well as playing music from my laptop/phone via the aux input.

Options are:

1.Wharfedale Linton 2

2.Mordaunt-Short MS 3.10

3. Monitor Audio Bronze BR 2

4. Nucleus 1 (presumably TLD, although it doesn't actually say)

Many thanks in advance!

Jack

Just listen to them then you'll know. My bets are on either the BR2's or the Lintons.

We have no idea of the size and set-up of your listening room so cannot really comment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts