which speakers spender a6/ pro ac d18/ wilsonbenesch square 2 up to 3k tospend

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all I am about to look for new speakers to go with my mf m6i roksancapian m2cdp I like prog rock metal + richard thompson kinks moody blues in fact I like most music but not usually main stream ( jedward and her mates) I have read good reviews on spender a6s pro ac d18s andwilson benesch square 2s I have not heard any of them I have about 3k to spend I am going to be replacing speaker cables and mains leads my listing room is 3mts x 4mtrs

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
:type:

For what it's worth, I have a broad taste in music and I demo'd the Spendors against my speakers before taking the plunge. No contest. They will also be the best looking speakers under £3k too!

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Used pair of PMC OB1i would be my choice. Or dynaudio focus 260 new. Although they like plenty of room so 3x4m might be to small for them. And as a wildcard, Sonus Faber Liuto Towers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The WB Square 2's are very different tonally to the D18's or A6's. The WB's can sound great with well recorded stuff, but a less than great experience with anything else. They're very tight and well balanced, and work pretty well close to a wall. I loved the sound of them with my better recorded stuff, but for me they lack the sort of low end needed for music like trip hop or electronica.

I think it'd be worth adding the PMC Twenty.23's to your audition list. They'll do what the Square 2's do and more, with more genres of music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts