Which speakers for Denon DM 38 DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy the Denon DM 38 DAB but am stuck on which speakers to buy. The room is 6 x 4 metres and the speakers will be mounted on solid oak bookshelves against a wall.

The BX1, BX2 and Dali Lektor 1's are outside my budget, BR2 and Wharfedale 10.1 are to tall.

I've narrowed it down to Mission MX1, QA 2020 and BR1 from my limited knowledge. I mainly listen to classical, folk and jazz.

Any recommendations and help would be great

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Canigou, welcome to the forums.

I use BR1s with my DM38. Had them a couple of years now and more than happy with them. (Previously used with the DM37) The BR1s are rear ported so recommended you leave a bit of space between the rear of the speaker and the wall. If you put in 'DM37 speakers' in the search forums box at top of this page and hit 'GO' then you will find quite a lot of previous threads related to your query.

You may be able to find a good deal on the BR1s as they've now been superceded by the new model.

Rich

A

Anonymous

I'm about to buy this system with Q Acoustics 2010s based on a couple of reviews. Not really sure if it's worth going for the 2020s?

Out of interest where are you buying the Denon from? Just scouting the best price!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
jim_m:

I'm about to buy this system with Q Acoustics 2010s based on a couple of reviews. Not really sure if it's worth going for the 2020s?

Out of interest where are you buying the Denon from? Just scouting the best price!

Current price in Sevenoaks Sound and Vision is £189 w/out speakers.

Richer has it at £199

Superfi price - £169

Rich

A

Anonymous

Hi, I ordered the Denon DM38 + black gloss Q Acoustic 2010 speakers for £280 from Home AV Direct earlier. Best price I could find. Looking forward to it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts