Which Speaker under £500 has the best midrange?.....discuss

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Monitor Audio RX1, Dali Lektor 2's, Rega RS3s (if you can find them 2nd hand
emotion-5.gif
and the B&W 685's!

TBH IMO it all depends on what amp and CDP you have them matched with but they'd be my choice.

All very expressive speakers; superb with vocals and midrange bass but can kick it with the best of them as well

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It depends what you mean by the best. If you mean accurate, not everyone likes accuracy. Many people would be happy with a smooth, unoffensive midrange, whereas others want to be slapped in the face by it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:It depends what you mean by the best. If you mean accurate, not everyone likes accuracy. Many people would be happy with a smooth, unoffensive midrange, whereas others want to be slapped in the face by it.

And I guess that depends on what sort of music you listen to? I like a wide cross section but a lot of it is electronic based (80's music and stuff like Groove Armada's current album). When listening to that I want the midrange and upper bass synth sounds to be punching me in the chest, physically, which also means reasonable volume levels.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Black Light is a superb album isnt it LHC?
emotion-5.gif

I agree with what you said; that's why I feel that the likes of the M/A RX1's (even the RX2's for that fact) and the B&W 685's are superb in that range and IMO VERY hard to beat.

I havent heard the EB Acoustic EB1's so cant comment but the Rega RS3's would survive very well indeed too BUT they laqck in the lower bass depths sometimes

A

Anonymous

Revolver music1, nothing to touch them apart from the music3 which is the one I went for, they just have the most realistic and holographic midrange one could ever wish for, beautiful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts