Which Shelf/Wall-bracket mount speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi What Hi-Fi gurus.

I need the floor space and have to swap my Tannoy DC2000s for some wall mounters!

I auditioned some B&W 685s (on stands) and liked the sound very much but they may be a tad too large and I've not heard them close to a wall or shelved.

I suppose I need some front ported cabinets. Don't mind spending up to £500 or is this foolish for shelf/wall-bracket mounted speakers?

Thinking through the range from Tannoy Mercury V1, Mission MX1, Diamonds 9.1, Bronze BX2, AE Aelite 1, B&W 685, Kef Q300, Tannoy Sig DC4....?

Any advice much appreciated.

Rich

A

Anonymous

No I don't really want to get rid but the front room is 5m x 4m and the speakers are against the longer of the walls.

Also they can be a bit piercing at high volumes even tho the bass is excellent. I know I'll miss that bass.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Mine were sold on feebay for £142 in 2004......perfect condition, if not mint.

Sold, but order of the management (wife), as they looked old fashioned....

Bought the Q Acoustic 1010i 5.1 package, and wasn't happy. Brought some 1030i floorstanders, an still not happy compared with the tannoys.....

Only now, with the KEF Q500's, am I happy without my trusted Tannoys.....

From your list, people suggest the BX2's are very good....not sure how any will perform on wall brackets thou.....

A

Anonymous

Yeah "Da management" says it would be good to get the speakers off the floor.

The B&W685s come with a rear wall bracket and rubber rests! I'll have to take my amp down to local shop and listen to what they have (Monitor Audio and Kef).

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
You may find the KEF's similar tweeter design sound the closest to the tannoy's......

but the Q300's are big boxes.......

Perhaps, have a listen to the smaller KEF Q100 too?

A

Anonymous

I've added Dynaudio DM 2/7, Leema Xero and Rega RS1 to the top end of the list and Dali Zensor 1 to the not so top!

But after going to my local shop the salesman was so excited about Kef R series!

TRENDING THREADS