help.......denon dm39dab & speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just wondering if anybody can shed some light on something i've just been told? my son is thinking of getting the denon dm39dab when it comes out shortly,he's been looking at some standmounters to go with it,namely DALI ZENSOR 1,MISSION MX1,Q ACCOUSTICS 2020I,TANNOY MERCURY V1 & MONITOR AUDIO BX2.he also likes some floorstanders,BOSTON ACCOUSTICS A250,MISSION MX3 & WHHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10.3

on phoning the local hi fi shop to enquire when the denon dm39 was due in and telling them of my son's intentions they said that the denon would probably have a bit of a problem driving the floorstanders.obviously he was a little dissappointed with this news......so my question to anybody is.....is this in fact true? would the denon be better partnered with the stand mounters or can it in fact drive the floorstanders ok? if my son does want floorstanders would he be better looking at the marantz m-cr603 to drive the floorstanders?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated....thank you,boyo

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
My daugther has the 38dab driving an old pair of JPW bookshelf speakers (using bell wire) - (bought from her own pocket on a very limited budget the speakers were free). It drives them well, but its not the most powerful of systems. but fills her room with sound nicely. Depending on the floorstanders it may struggle. It'll drive speakers rated at 8ohms/50watts.

in all honesty anything more is over kill and he'd be better off getting a seperates starter system , from richer sounds if he wants 'more' from his hifi.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the specs of the Denon I'd guess that floor standers might be a bit too much.

But, we'll have to wait and see when it's available for review.

A couple on here have the Marantz with floorstanders, but that does mean the budget will climb a lot.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
boyo68 said:
...namely DALI ZENSOR 1,MISSION MX1,Q ACCOUSTICS 2020I,TANNOY MERCURY V1 & MONITOR AUDIO BX2.he also likes some floorstanders,BOSTON ACCOUSTICS A250,MISSION MX3 & WHHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10.3

Out of that lot i'd probably listen first to something from Boston Acoustics, like the A25s or A26s. (Part of the D&M Holdings group that also make the Denon along with Marantz and others.)

I always think there is some sense in trying products from partner companies together to see if they exhibit synergy. (There is a better chance that they were developed together.)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Floorstanders are generally easier to drive than standmounts. Check the individual specs for each speaker, but I would have thought the Denon ought to be able to drive most budget speakers of either type.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts