Which projector ??

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So, im just about to put a deposit down on a JVC DLA-HD350 , when i spot an Epson EH-TW4400 Demo for the same money,

I have a small lounge, so need a short throw, quiet , not bothered about 3D ( dont use it on TV ) and want 2d picture to thrill, even in a room that may not be pitch black.

Am i right in thinking the JVC for £1500 new is the way to go ???

Please help !!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The JVC new for £1500 is an utter bargain - it would get my vote. The Epson is excellent, but IMO the JVC is a league above.

I borrowed the JVC for a while and used it just as you describe - short throw, not in a dedicated home cinema room (often watching in daytime) and it was superb. I was very sad to see it go!

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
lol, yea i have just got my pull up screen out of the loft and i have mis laid the extendable pole to secure it up.

Cannot seem to be able to buy one seperately so not sure what to do now ?

May have to buy a new one which is a pain as i had not put that in the budget!

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, took the plunge and purchased the JVC DLA-HD350 .

Should be delivered to me by Tuesday, cannot wait , Will get some pics and feedback on when up and running .

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a similar problem deciding between these two exact models. I can get the tw-eh4400 second hand for about £900, or I can get the DLA-HD350 brand new for £1399.

Any advice? Would you still go for the JVC even though the Epson is sitting at a pretty good price?

Cheers,

G

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi g_dounreay,

The JVC ia a fantastic projector, i demo`d a few prior to getting it and it is a massive improvement on any other projector i saw around £1500. The only downside( for some) is having no 3D.

However, i have not had a demo of the 4400 so would not like to advise you on a comparison between the two, i took Clares advice on the 350 being a league obove and i have to say, i have not been dissapointed, it is superb, i cant stop watching it ( as have kids, and the wife ).It is also really flexible in placement and being a living room enviroment and not a bat cave cinema room that was important to me.

You should get a demo quick, Richer sounds only have a handful left but they have rduced the price to £1399 .

Good luck and let me know what decision you make.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts