Which ProAc for small room?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering what Proac will be best for a small room (about 3mx3m) - will need to be close to a wall.

D1, D2 or D18 are the only ones I am consdiering, just wanting to know which will be best.

I know I should demo, and I will but good to have an idea in case I can't hear all 3.

Thanks! :cheers:

A

Anonymous

Actually, probably bigger than 3mx3m. As that'd be tiny. Not sure of exact dimensions. Small/Medium sized room.

A

Anonymous

Actually, probably bigger than 3mx3m. As that'd be tiny. Not sure of exact dimensions. Small/Medium sized room.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
why Pro Ac ? there are so many other good speakers you can use in a small room.

What amplifier do you have and what is your budget ?

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Any particular reason you want to stay with Proac, which of their speakers have you heard?

What is the budget, and the rest of the kit you have?

A

Anonymous

Have tried the above range, and am settled on one of those. D1, D2 or D18. Don't really want to consider anything else now or my speaker search will go on forever - im sure you know how it is.

So literally just need to ascertain which will be more suiitable in a smallish room nearer walls. My amp is only a Brio-R at the minute, though will most likely be upgraded soon.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
so you better wait until you have upgraded your amplifier. Normally you choose the amplifier and the speakers at the same time to be sure that it fits well together.

With the Brio_ R a Dali Lektor 2, Triangle Titus EX and Kef Q 300 work well

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
lolmerchant said:
Have tried the above range, and am settled on one of those. D1, D2 or D18. Don't really want to consider anything else now or my speaker search will go on forever - im sure you know how it is.

So literally just need to ascertain which will be more suiitable in a smallish room nearer walls. My amp is only a Brio-R at the minute, though will most likely be upgraded soon.

Wel you have heard them, you tell us which you prefer ;)

I would have thought that the Brio-R would be more than enough for a 3m sq room :grin: I would have though that the Studio 115 would also be a good match

lolmerchant said:
Hi all,

Just wondering what Proac will be best for a small room (about 3mx3m) - will need to be close to a wall.

D1, D2 or D18 are the only ones I am consdiering, just wanting to know which will be best.

I know I should demo, and I will but good to have an idea in case I can't hear all 3.

Thanks! :cheers:

D1s at a push. TBVH you're better off with either Tablettes or a closed box design such as ATC or Spendor SA-1. Although if it were me, which it ain't, i'd be looking at Rega RS1s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts