Which one poll

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Which one would you choose:

Tannoy precision 6.1

Or

Tannoy dc6 signature

No other options only these to go with my tannoy centre speaker.
The centre is the precision 6c
But both speakers the drivers are almost identical and will match tonal so it comes down to looks
And I hate gloss black but I can't make up my mind.

Need to choose today as have an offer accepted in principle on one of them

Both 2nd hand on eBay.

Andrewjvt said:

Tannoy precision 6.1

Or

Tannoy dc6 signature

No other options only these to go with my tannoy centre speaker. The centre is the precision 6c But both speakers the drivers are almost identical and will match tonal so it comes down to looks And I hate gloss black but I can't make up my mind.

Both 2nd hand on eBay.

Depends on what's powering the Tannoys. I've only heard the 6.1 and they sound really impressive with smooth amplification.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Andrewjvt said:

Tannoy precision 6.1

Or

Tannoy dc6 signature

No other options only these to go with my tannoy centre speaker. The centre is the precision 6c But both speakers the drivers are almost identical and will match tonal so it comes down to looks And I hate gloss black but I can't make up my mind.

Both 2nd hand on eBay.

Depends on what's powering the Tannoys. I've only heard the 6.1 and they sound really impressive with smooth amplification.

Top of the range marantz receiver (well 2nd top now)
It drives the precision centre well enough and as long as I don't connect all 11 channels I won't have a problem at reasonable levels as the cross over is set for lower bass to sub only and fronts set to small.

insider9

I've used DC6T and that's what my mate has right now. No experience with Precision 6.1. For my taste it's ok with Marantz but not ideal. Not because of Tannoy sound rather because of Marantz.

If that's the Precision 6.1 I'm looking at and you can get them for circa £300 I'd say go for it. They look pristine and if you don't like them you'll move them on at no loss.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
I've used DC6T and that's what my mate has right now. No experience with Precision 6.1. For my taste it's ok with Marantz but not ideal. Not because of Tannoy sound rather because of Marantz.

If that's the Precision 6.1 I'm looking at and you can get them for circa £300 I'd say go for it. They look pristine and if you don't like them you'll move them on at no loss.

Have a quick look on eBay
Both models are on ATM

See what you think of the dc6 signature

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Marantz should be fine. I heard the 6.1 Precision speakers with a Cyrus Lyric, and I could hear their potential but the Cyrus wasn't the greatest of match. Too top endy for my taste.

I've found that with Cyrus also

insider9

Agree on the finish. My DC6T had an excellent finish. However there's something easier on the eye about the Precision 6.1. DC6 Signature although the finish don't look as good.

Sonically I've not heard either so can't comment. Go with the one you think it's a better deal. Unless you're planning to keep them in which case the ones you like the look of more :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The precision 6.1
I'll have to live with the gloss black but have better speaker in the long run and will match the centre perfectly.
Only paid £260 also a bargin.

Now how to sneak them in without miss noticing.
I'll keep the grills on.

TRENDING THREADS