• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Hifi bargins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
lindsayt said:
I bought a Phillips CD 753 for £30 earlier this year.

I have no idea how much it costs new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.
You are the master of bargins
Would love it if you had a YouTube channel called
'persuit of perfect bargins'
 

lindsayt

New member
Apr 8, 2011
16
2
0
I bought a Phillips CD 753 for £30 earlier this year.

I have no idea how much it cost new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.
 

tonky

New member
Jan 2, 2008
36
0
0
Andrewjvt said:
tonky said:
And AJVT is full of it.

Regards to all - tonky
You silly biased kiss ass Turn a blind eye to all the Hegel spoil tactics if you like.
If only you could! - You do need to grow up - Ja? - always too emotionally involved. Have you seen anyone about it?

Kind regards - hope things get much better for you - Ja?

tonky
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
tonky said:
Andrewjvt said:
tonky said:
And AJVT is full of it.

Regards to all - tonky
You silly biased kiss ass Turn a blind eye to all the Hegel spoil tactics if you like.
If only you could! - You do need to grow up - Ja? - always too emotionally involved. Have you seen anyone about it?

Kind regards - hope things get much better for you - Ja?

tonky
remember to wash your face after this
 

gasolin

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2013
986
179
19,070
Brand new the box was just opened,Nad C516BEE with a 40% discount, thing that's not bad

Same retail price as a Marantz CD6006 with a discount and i paid the same price as a Marantz CD5005, sound quality is better the Marantz CD5005 which is a bit to the bright side but not alot.
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
1,018
511
6,070
lindsayt said:
I bought a Phillips CD 753 for £30 earlier this year.

I have no idea how much it cost new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.
Truly fantastic player like many of TDA154x family. All I can say I've heard it through Leema Tucana II Anniversary and it sounded amazing.
 

newlash09

Well-known member
Aug 28, 2015
219
45
10,820
Was meaning to ask this for sometime, so please bear with me for hijacking this thread for a very short while. Have you heard the ATC scm40A , I gather you rate the 50asl's very highly. Just wanted your perspective on the scm40A's. Thanks
 

seemorebtts

Well-known member
Feb 2, 2013
66
0
18,540
Mark Norman shared 4 photos with you from the Flickr app! Take a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94843557@N05/shares/4jd70x
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
newlash09 said:
Was meaning to ask this for sometime, so please bear with me for hijacking this thread for a very short while. Have you heard the ATC scm40A , I gather you rate the 50asl's very highly. Just wanted your perspective on the scm40A's. Thanks
That's no problem
Yes I've heard the scm40s passive and active
Not side by side though and lots of different amplification.

If you already owned a very beefy amp like a tuscana/Hegel h360/electrocomanient etc then I'd settle for the passive
But if selling the lot is go for the active version without hesitation.

Now though
Imo the 40s are only the tip of the iceberg regards ATC capabilities.

Consider the 50asl
10 more litre volume
Higher power amplifier
200w bass 100w mid 50 tweeter.(the tweeter is the s spec tweeter also)
Now this is a far greater step up to true high end.

If looks are not important go for the pro version. Can be had for around 7grand (with discount) minus Vat.
The 100s for about 1500 more.

Or if you want even better value for money look on eBay
Around 4500 for a very good scm100 can be had and will be fully upgradable to current spec.

Name me manufacturers that still service speakers made in the 90s?
 

newlash09

Well-known member
Aug 28, 2015
219
45
10,820
Andrewjvt said:
newlash09 said:
Was meaning to ask this for sometime, so please bear with me for hijacking this thread for a very short while. Have you heard the ATC scm40A , I gather you rate the 50asl's very highly. Just wanted your perspective on the scm40A's. Thanks
That's no problem
Yes I've heard the scm40s passive and active
Not side by side though and lots of different amplification.

If you already owned a very beefy amp like a tuscana/Hegel h360/electrocomanient etc then I'd settle for the passive
But if selling the lot is go for the active version without hesitation.

Now though
Imo the 40s are only the tip of the iceberg regards ATC capabilities.

Consider the 50asl
10 more litre volume
Higher power amplifier
200w bass 100w mid 50 tweeter.(the tweeter is the s spec tweeter also)
Now this is a far greater step up to true high end.

If looks are not important go for the pro version. Can be had for around 7grand (with discount) minus Vat.
The 100s for about 1500 more.

Or if you want even better value for money look on eBay
Around 4500 for a very good scm100 can be had and will be fully upgradable to current spec.

Name me manufacturers that still service speakers made in the 90s?
:)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts