Hifi bargins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lindsayt said:
I bought a Phillips CD 753 for £30 earlier this year.

I have no idea how much it costs new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.

You are the master of bargins
Would love it if you had a YouTube channel called
'persuit of perfect bargins'

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I have no idea how much it cost new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
tonky said:
And AJVT is full of it.

Regards to all - tonky

You silly biased kiss ass Turn a blind eye to all the Hegel spoil tactics if you like.

If only you could! - You do need to grow up - Ja? - always too emotionally involved. Have you seen anyone about it?

Kind regards - hope things get much better for you - Ja?

tonky

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
tonky said:
Andrewjvt said:
tonky said:
And AJVT is full of it.

Regards to all - tonky

You silly biased kiss ass Turn a blind eye to all the Hegel spoil tactics if you like.

If only you could! - You do need to grow up - Ja? - always too emotionally involved. Have you seen anyone about it?

Kind regards - hope things get much better for you - Ja?

tonky

remember to wash your face after this

gasolin

Brand new the box was just opened,Nad C516BEE with a 40% discount, thing that's not bad

Same retail price as a Marantz CD6006 with a discount and i paid the same price as a Marantz CD5005, sound quality is better the Marantz CD5005 which is a bit to the bright side but not alot.

insider9

lindsayt said:

I have no idea how much it cost new. All I care about is that has a TDA1549 DAC and half an opamp per channel and it works.
Truly fantastic player like many of TDA154x family. All I can say I've heard it through Leema Tucana II Anniversary and it sounded amazing.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Was meaning to ask this for sometime, so please bear with me for hijacking this thread for a very short while. Have you heard the ATC scm40A , I gather you rate the 50asl's very highly. Just wanted your perspective on the scm40A's. Thanks

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Was meaning to ask this for sometime, so please bear with me for hijacking this thread for a very short while. Have you heard the ATC scm40A , I gather you rate the 50asl's very highly. Just wanted your perspective on the scm40A's. Thanks

That's no problem
Yes I've heard the scm40s passive and active
Not side by side though and lots of different amplification.

If you already owned a very beefy amp like a tuscana/Hegel h360/electrocomanient etc then I'd settle for the passive
But if selling the lot is go for the active version without hesitation.

Now though
Imo the 40s are only the tip of the iceberg regards ATC capabilities.

Consider the 50asl
10 more litre volume
Higher power amplifier
200w bass 100w mid 50 tweeter.(the tweeter is the s spec tweeter also)
Now this is a far greater step up to true high end.

If looks are not important go for the pro version. Can be had for around 7grand (with discount) minus Vat.
The 100s for about 1500 more.

Or if you want even better value for money look on eBay
Around 4500 for a very good scm100 can be had and will be fully upgradable to current spec.

Name me manufacturers that still service speakers made in the 90s?

insider9

41981820311_22755c1f6e_z.jpg

And what a lovely setup too

41981821141_c7018752a9_z.jpg

Hope you don't mind. I use Flickr too and know how awkward it is to paste pics from there.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
newlash09 said:

That's no problem
Yes I've heard the scm40s passive and active
Not side by side though and lots of different amplification.

If you already owned a very beefy amp like a tuscana/Hegel h360/electrocomanient etc then I'd settle for the passive
But if selling the lot is go for the active version without hesitation.

Now though
Imo the 40s are only the tip of the iceberg regards ATC capabilities.

Consider the 50asl
10 more litre volume
Higher power amplifier
200w bass 100w mid 50 tweeter.(the tweeter is the s spec tweeter also)
Now this is a far greater step up to true high end.

If looks are not important go for the pro version. Can be had for around 7grand (with discount) minus Vat.
The 100s for about 1500 more.

Or if you want even better value for money look on eBay
Around 4500 for a very good scm100 can be had and will be fully upgradable to current spec.

Name me manufacturers that still service speakers made in the 90s?

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts