Which One is better RX-V1900, RX-V1067 or Onkyo TX-NR808?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My name is iwan, from indonesia. I'm an Home theatre maniac, i love to watch movies very much, especially on saturday and sunday i can watch movies all day long. Recently I plan to buy a new receiver and i made a list, there are 3 receivers actually i want to make comparison between them. Yamaha Rx-V1067, Onkyo TX-NR808, and the old model yamaha RX-V1900.

I had auditioned RX-V1900, and I'm very impressed with it's sonic capability, very dynamic and detail...I actually have Denon 1909, which is i love very much, but audyssey dynamically compressed sound, which robbed the soundtrack of any visceral excitement and this make audyssey is good for music multichannel only, not for movies. I used to turn dynamic Eq off to watch movies, and set up the EQ manually, which is sounded better.

So, Onkyo TX-NR808 which is five star winning also has Audyssey too and will it sound like my denon 1909? is the sound as good as Yamaha RX-V1900 ? and what about yamaha 1067? Please I'm very confused, my consideration is audio/sonic capabilities, and i know both onkyo and yamaha Rx-V1067 have 3D ready for futureproof, but i think they're not good enough compared to yamaha RX-V1900

So, Please would you give me explanation, about 3 of them...and which one is the best ?

Thanks

Iwan

A

Anonymous

Iwan, I think you have answered your own question, if 3D pass through is not a requirement, it sounds like you prefer the 1900. You could always add a 3D blu ray player with 2 HDMI outs / analogue outs, at a later date if you change your mind

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks a lot, yeah i guess you're allright...right now i'm deciding to pick RX-V1900 but it's just that i would to listen onkyo TX-NR808...just to make sure. I Believe that Yamaha 1900 is the best...and you allright that at a later date when i change my mind to go to 3D stuff, I just need blu ray player with 2 HDMI outs or maybe with HDMI splitter...

Thanks for your suggestion

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
My RX-V1800 is very similar to the 1900 and performs very well indeed. I suggest the 1067 will struggle to deliver the same drive and impact. The successor to the RX-V1900 is really the RX-V3067 as it has similar amplification output.
The 1067 will give 3D, better auto-calibration and improved menu system.

What speakers will you be using with this amp?

As for the Onkyo - I've not heard it but it will offer a different audio character so is certainly worth an audition.

A

Anonymous

The RXV-1900 will be on par with the RXV2067 and the RXV-3900 will be on par with the RXV3067 IMO.

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
markjaspi:The RXV-1900 will be on par with the RXV2067 and the RXV-3900 will be on par with the RXV3067 IMO.

My apologies Mark is right, RX-V2067, I got my specs slightly out .... oops
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

Actually I loved so much with Yamaha's audio character, it's dynamic and good for movies...oh and i've asked the seller about yamaha 1067 and onkyo but it's too bad that i haven't had a chance to compare them both, it's just explanation from the seller, he said that onkyo has a supperior sound comparing to yamaha 1067....I hope that in the next few days i can audition both of them...

But I'm still sure, that if i pick yamaha RX-V1900 i can't go wrong...and thanks, i will consider your suggestion seems that very reasonable and a good choice (yamaha 1067).

I use for front wharfedale diamond 9.5, and wharfedale wh-20 for my surrounds, sub wharfedale sw-300

thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, i have had the rx-v1900 for 2 years and it has performed perfectly with huge mid and low end sound. High end sounds are soft like most yamaha natural sound products. I am going through the same thing and wondering if i should upgrade to a new 1067 or even the onkyo 608 which i can get for very very good price without spending much at all from my selling price of my 1900. I cant see the 608 being as good all round quality and certainly it has less power. The 1900 weighs 21 kg as opposed to the 608 being around half the weight, so whats missing as far as amplification goes?? The 1067 will compare to the 1900 i think

TRENDING THREADS