Which of these speakers to pair with Teac a A-H500 ?

I'm looking for a pair of passive speakers to pair with a Teac A-H500 amplifier.

What I really want is a speaker that doesn't sound as if the mids and highs are veiled. Also the esthetics are very important and they need to be small. And am not shure if any of the mentioned models below will suit my needs. Its been a while since I bought passive speakers. Have been listening to powered Yamaha monitors for 8 years now which sound pretty good. Currently these are only available online and not in store for listening. Unless you know a place. Location is the Netherlands.

The following speakers are within my budget:

*Q Acoustic 3020 380 euro

*Cambridge Audio Minx XL 300 euro

*Cambridge Audio SX-50 200 euro

*other suggestions?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mattias Stein said:
I'm looking for a pair of passive speakers to pair with a Teac A-H500 amplifier.

What I really want is a speaker that doesn't sound as if the mids and highs are veiled. Also the esthetics are very important and they need to be small. And am not shure if any of the mentioned models below will suit my needs. Its been a while since I bought passive speakers. Have been listening to powered Yamaha monitors for 8 years now which sound pretty good. Currently these are only available online and not in store for listening. Unless you know a place. Location is the Netherlands.

The following speakers are within my budget:

*Q Acoustic 3020 380 euro

*Cambridge Audio Minx XL 300 euro

*Cambridge Audio SX-50 200 euro

*other suggestions?

Welcome to the forum Mattias, not sure youll get what your looking for on that budget but has anyone told you that you look like harrison Ford in his younger days?

Can you actually get to audition any of the speakers on your list? If so what other makes can you listen to?

The CA stuff seems to be sold mainly at RicherSounds outlets, do you have these in the Netherlands or would you simply be buying online?

Other suggestions would be Cambridge Aero 2 and Dali Zensor 1, whichever you go for try to get them on good speaker stands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts