Which new amplifier?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The old and faithful amplifier Luxman-LV102 (rms 70W x 2 at 8Ohm) has died on me. It was connected to a pair of old loudspeakers BOSE- 505. Frankly, I wasn't too satisfied with the overall result and was looking already for a better installation. Now that I need a new amplifier for a 50sqm room and that the products available in my local market within my budget seem to be :

a) NAD C 356BEE ; b) NAD C 375BEE ; c) YAMAHA A-S 500 ; d) MARANTZ PM 7004

I'll appreciate the opinion of well-informed participants.

p.s.: Would any of the above go well with the existing Bose-505 loudspeakers? If not, which loudspeakers would you recommend for the amplifier of your choice for me?

Thanks in advance.

T

the record spot

Couldn't tell you about the blend with your Bose speakers, but the list of amps covers a wide range from £300 to £1000 (The Yamaha up to the NAD 375). Were you just looking to get an idea of what your money buys at the various price stages, or do you have a particular reason for those four?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just a quick one max how you finding the pm7001 i see and dib have it, i looked at the as-500 and the pm6003 but they bit of step sideways or backwards from my arcam but the 7 series should be an improvement.

A

Anonymous

smuggs:just a quick one max how you finding the pm7001 i see and dib have it, i looked at the as-500 and the pm6003 but they bit of step sideways or backwards from my arcam but the 7 series should be an improvement.
it's excellent smuggs, a friend who's a hifi enthusiast heard it and the yamaha and thinks the marantz is the better match for my speakers. i wouldn't necessarily agree with that though, i think they're very closely matched and would be happy with either
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Although I've heard a few Bose speakers since a friend of mine swears by their older models, I've not hear the 505s.

My impression has been that Bose speakers go well with warmer amplifiers, so my feeling is that the NADs would be the ones to go for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts