Which LCD is the best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to the forum so would appreciate any help please. I'm in the market to buying a 37-40 inch LCD. I have been researching extensively and to be honest one can get even more indecisive when it comes to choosing the right one.

You'll probably need some information of what I'm looking for so here goes.

1. I'm not looking for a TV for gaming (perhaps later though as Blu-Ray have won the war, PS3 perhaps)

2. I have a viewing range of 3 metres from my sofa

3. I'm purchasing the Sony DAV IS10 for certain (so TV sound isn't important)

3. Want a Full 1080P LCD

4. 100Hz

5. HDMI v1.3

So far I've narrowed it down to two. The Toshiba 40XF355D and the Philips 37PFL9632D. If anyone has other suggestions or if anyone has one of the above please let me know how you have found their overall performance.

Thanks.
Lee

A

Anonymous

to be honest id steer clear from toshiba and philips... try looking at the LE40F86BDX.. its a bit more expensive but well worth the price

A

Anonymous

I own the Toshiba and all four corners of the screen have light leaking from them. This is a problem Toshiba are aware of and I am on my second set and it has exactly the same problem. The well known retailer has suggested I don't replace again but pick a different set or they will give full refund.

This is not something that you could live with, even with the backlight turned right down it still ruins the picture.

This problem is also widely reported on the web, look for yourself.

Its a shame because apart from that the TV has been excellent.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
If you can hang on until tomorrow, when our April issue goes on sale, we've got a Supertest of 37-40in TVs including the latest models from LG, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and Toshiba. Can't give away the winner, but well worth waiting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts